Fw: A Critical Meeting to Shut San Onofre Forever-Wed., 7pm. Sta Monica, CA

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2013
      An No Nukes evening with Harvey Wasserman...
      A Critical Meeting to Keep San Onofre Shut Forever!!!

      >When: Wednesday, January 9th, 2013
      >Time: 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
      >Join Moderator KPFK”s formidable Lila Garrett
      >Jan Goodman and Jerry Manpearl’s home
      >939 San Vincente Blvd. (corner home at Larkin and San Vincente)
      >Santa Monica, CA. 90024

       RSVP   A Must: ilenepr@...
       Press Contact: Ilene Proctor:  (310) 858 6643; Cell: (310) 721.2336

      > NO NUKES!!!   SAN ONOFRE'S CRITICAL SHUT-DOWN MOMENT---

       The two remaining reactors at San Onofre---Units 2 & 3---have been shut for
      almost a year.  This is our critical moment to close them forever.  Core
      >technical problems have compromised steam generators that must never be
      >allowed to operate again.  Because financial issues are at stake, this is a
      >rare moment where state agencies---especially the Public Utilities
      >Commission---can make the difference.  Time is short but our power in this
      >situation is unprecedented.  The permanent closure of these reactors would
      >make southern California a vastly safer place, with major economic
      >opportunities for the Solartopian shift to renewables, efficiency and
      >conservation, revolutionizing the regional economy.  This is a truly unique
      >moment in our history----let's act now to make the most of it!!

      CONTACT:  Ilene PRoctor