Last call for KPFK LSB ballots

  • Michael Novick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013
      Last call for ballots in KPFK LSB election

      The deadline for voting in the KPFK LSB election has been extended until
      January 8 to try to achieve quorum (all other Pacifica station elections are
      completed with quorum achieved; we are still a few votes shy of quorum for
      staff, and a few hundred shy for listeners).

      I have been informed that the local election supervisor will be at KPFK, 3729
      Cahuenga Blvd West, North Hollywood (near 101 Lankershim exit, Metro Red Line
      Universal Studios station) on Monday, January 7 from 11:00 AM until 8 PM to
      accept ballots in the Local Station Board election, and that a PSA to that
      effect began running last night.

      If you yourself have not yet voted in the LSB election, please bring your
      ballot in so it can count towards quorum and validate the election. Even blank
      ballots will count towards quorum, but of course I would prefer that you vote
      for candidates of Grassroots Community Radio Coalition -- alphabetically,
      Corral, Garcia, Gladney, Halle, Kenney, Neff, Parada, Pour, Reyes.

      If you know anyone who is or might be a member of KPFK who has not yet voted,
      please forward them this email or call them personally! We still need a few
      hundred votes by listeners to reach quorum -- otherwise, we will have to have
      an election for the entire LSB (18 listener candidates) later this year.

      Michael Novick