This New Year is more properly written as: "20EUCLID"

  • -Jim DeMaegt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
      In Santa Monica the streets are named according to numbers
      (from the ocean to the East) 1,2,3 ,,,,,,,,,9,10,11,12, Euclid, 14,15. etc.
      No street is named Number 13.

      Sooooo I think that the same procedure should be used for
      naming the year's date. No Number 13 and no number 2013. Instead I think we
      should have "20Euclid" as the proper name for this year.

      I wonder if they will cash my checks if I put "20Euclid" on
      the date line of the check.

    • Jerry Rubin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
        Friends: Why not "20 Bar Mitzva" (or Bas Mitzva) ? In any case, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's work to make it a lucky '13 ! Peace, Jerry Rubin
        On Jan 3, 2013, at 10:40 AM, -Jim DeMaegt wrote:

        > In Santa Monica the streets are named according to numbers
        > (from the ocean to the East) 1,2,3 ,,,,,,,,,9,10,11,12, Euclid, 14,15. etc.
        > No street is named Number 13.
        >
        > Sooooo I think that the same procedure should be used for
        > naming the year's date. No Number 13 and no number 2013. Instead I think we
        > should have "20Euclid" as the proper name for this year.
        >
        > I wonder if they will cash my checks if I put "20Euclid" on
        > the date line of the check.

      • -Jim DeMaegt
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
          Cool Jerry - I can go for all of your suggestions (below).

        • scotpeden@cruzio.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
            If we're working on the assumption that 13 is an unlucky number, the day
            of the month the King of France tried to arrest the Templar Knights and
            abscond with their wealth since the King had already spent all of his
            money building Churches.... then I think it's silly, but he who has the
            money controls the superstitions.

            In that case, either 9/11 or 2001 should have the same superstitions
            associated with it neurologically. Definitely the #1 in those cases....

            I can guarantee you, if you use a National or International Bank, they
            will deposit your check and take the money from the funding source.
            Whether they will give you fair trade for it is less likely, but they will
            always TAKE money.

            I'll ask my small town bank what they'd do in the case of 20Euclid. I'm
            sure FOR ME, they'd cash it, after all, they know me.

            Scott

          • scotpeden@cruzio.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
              So I stopped in with my Bank Manager today and asked him, any troubles yet
              this year? He said no, and I said, then you should be in a good mood for
              this, let me be the first!

              I noted that in Santa Monica that the street are numbers till you get to
              13 and that is Euclid. If I wrote a check whose date was 20Euclid would he
              take it. He thought about it and said he'd call me to make sure it was a
              current check as he'd not be able to tell when it was written otherwise.
              So the same situation if you sent me a check dated like that, and he said,
              we'' the other bank would have to clear it.

              The only trouble is knowing how old the check is as they aren't valid
              after 6 months.

              Then I recalled, the second place I lived in Seattle was on the Corner of
              Jefferson and 13th. Seattle must have been low on Roman Catholics when
              their streets were named.

              Personally, for the Knights Templar, the 13th is a lucky day, they avoided
              the robber barons. Lets hope we can deal with them better then that in
              2013!

              Scott

              > Friends: Why not "20 Bar Mitzva" (or Bas Mitzva) ? In any case, HAPPY
              > NEW YEAR! Let's work to make it a lucky '13 ! Peace, Jerry Rubin
              > On Jan 3, 2013, at 10:40 AM, -Jim DeMaegt wrote:
              >
              >> In Santa Monica the streets are named according to numbers
              >> (from the ocean to the East) 1,2,3 ,,,,,,,,,9,10,11,12, Euclid, 14,15.
              >> etc.
              >> No street is named Number 13.
              >>
              >> Sooooo I think that the same procedure should be used for
              >> naming the year's date. No Number 13 and no number 2013. Instead I think
              >> we
              >> should have "20Euclid" as the proper name for this year.
              >>
              >> I wonder if they will cash my checks if I put "20Euclid" on
              >> the date line of the check.

            • part2001
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2013
                Technically, you are Bat Mitzvah at 12, I believe, as girls mature earlier than boys.
                How about 2000-PICO (As in Pio Pico, last Afro-Mexicano governor of California before it was conquered and annexed by the US, for whom what would be 13th Street in L.A. is named)?