First Trio "Married" in The Netherlands

  • -Jim DeMaegt
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2012
      I think that the Government should get out of the Marriage
      Business - Isn't there supposed to be: "Separation of Church and State"????
      And then anybody (or bodies) should be able to have a "civil union" and then
      get all the government benefits of those now given to married couples. And
      in Europe some countries are moving towards that. (and yes that includes
      polygamy - more IS better - but women could have many "husbands" also as
      well as men having many "wives" and any mixture of men and women and guy or
      straight - or bisexual etc. - would be legal)

      But then a Question: What if I wanted to "marry" (have a
      civil union) with my dog? Why not" I love my dog. And we live together. We
      are dedicated to each other for life. Why should only human beings be give
      the government benefits of marriage. I suggest that after we let any and all
      human beings get the benefits of what is now marriage and what becomes civil
      unions then we progress even further and let me have a "civil union" with my
      dog (or cat or snake etc)

      And then also we could have a Commune of 100 or so - men and
      women and twenty of their dogs and cats also - and they All could be
      "married" to each other - bring back the 60's. Watcha think?

      ----------------------

      First Trio "Married" in The Netherlands

      From the desk of Paul Belien on Mon, 2005-09-26 23:08

      http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/301

      The Netherlands and Belgium were the first countries to give full marriage
      rights to homosexuals. In the United States some politicians propose "civil
      unions" that give homosexual couples the full benefits and responsibilities
      of marriage. These civil unions differ from marriage only in name.

      Meanwhile in the Netherlands polygamy has been legalised in all but name.
      Last Friday the first civil union of three partners was registered. Victor
      de Bruijn (46) from Roosendaal "married" both Bianca (31) and Mirjam (35) in
      a ceremony before a notary who duly registered their civil union.

      "I love both Bianca and Mirjam, so I am marrying them both," Victor said. He
      had previously been married to Bianca. Two and a half years ago they met
      Mirjam Geven through an internet chatbox. Eight weeks later Mirjam deserted
      her husband and came to live with Victor and Bianca. After Mirjam's divorce
      the threesome decided to marry.

      Victor: "A marriage between three persons is not possible in the
      Netherlands, but a civil union is. We went to the notary in our marriage
      costume and exchanged rings. We consider this to be just an ordinary
      marriage."

      Asked by journalists to tell the secret of their peculiar relationship,
      Victor explained that there is no jealousy between them. "But this is
      because Mirjam and Bianca are bisexual. I think that with two heterosexual
      women it would be more difficult." Victor stressed, however, that he is "a
      one hundred per cent heterosexual" and that a fourth person will not be
      allowed into the "marriage." They want to take their marriage obligations
      seriously: "to be honest and open with each other and not philander."

      From the desk of Paul Belien on Mon, 2005-09-26 23:08

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2012
        Oh we would Absolutely HAVE TO HAVE TOTAL GENDER EQUALITY.
        Sooooooo one woman could marry many men and/or several women could marry
        several men etc/ etc. - anyway that anyone wants. But also it would be
        called "civil union" rather than "marriage".

        But on the other hand why have any government benefits (tax
        benefits etc) for any form of "marriage" OR any form of "civil union"??
        Aren't government benefits for any forms of marriage and/or for civil unions
        a form of discrimination against single people??? Why does the government
        favor any version or life style over another???

        BUT if there IS to be government benefits for either marriage
        or civil unions then I want the ability to marry or form a civil union with
        my dog. I love my dog and my dog loves me and we are bound together for life
        - Now isn't that a true romantic form of both marriage and civil union?
        Sooooooo will someone preside over my marriage And civil union with my dog??

        I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU MAN (and/or WOMAN) AND DOG!