Corporate America in charge of US Foriegn Policy?

  • scotpeden@cruzio.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2012
      I note what spurred Mr Boyle's studies, was the fact that his life was
      on the line.

      At least he was paying attention that his life was on the line, most
      people missed that fact even after their kids came home in a box, if they
      came home at all.

      Is that what it takes to get each of us, individually, motivated to revolt
      against those who are suppose to lead FOR us?

      Scott

      ***
      "Aggression, warfare, bloodshed, and violence were just the way the United
      States Financial Power Elite had historically conducted their business
      around the world and in America."

      Napoleon and Hitler in Charge of US Foreign Policy.

      Twin Swords Of Damocles Over The Heads Of All Humanity*
      By Francis A. Boyle

      December 26, 2012 "Information Clearing House" - During the 1950s I grew
      up in a family who rooted for the success of African Americans in their
      just struggle for civil rights and full legal equality. Then in 1962 it
      was the terror of my own personal imminent nuclear annihilation during the
      Cuban Missile Crisis that first sparked my interest in studying
      international relations and U.S. foreign policy as a young boy of 12: “I
      can do a better job than this!”

      With the escalation of the Vietnam War in 1964 and the military draft
      staring me right in the face, I undertook a detailed examination of it.
      Eventually I concluded that unlike World War II when my Father had fought
      and defeated the Japanese Imperial Army as a young Marine in the Pacific,
      this new war was illegal, immoral, unethical, and the United States was
      bound to lose it. America was just picking up where France had left off at
      Dien Bien Phu. So I resolved to do what little I could to oppose the
      Vietnam War.

      In 1965 President Lyndon Johnson gratuitously invaded the Dominican
      Republic, which prompted me to commence a detailed examination of U.S.
      military interventions into Latin America from the Spanish-American War of
      1898 up to President Franklin Roosevelt’s so-called “good neighbor”
      policy. At the end of this study, I concluded that the Vietnam War was not
      episodic, but rather systemic: Aggression, warfare, bloodshed, and
      violence were just the way the United States Financial Power Elite had
      historically conducted their business around the world and in America.
      Hence, as I saw it as a young man of 17, there would be more Vietnams in
      the future and perhaps someday I could do something about it as well as
      about promoting civil rights for African Americans. These twins concerns
      of my youth would gradually ripen into a career devoted to international
      law and human rights.

      So I commenced my formal study of International Relations with the late,
      great Hans Morgenthau in the first week of January 1970 as a 19 year old
      college sophomore at the University of Chicago by taking his basic
      introductory course on that subject. At the time, Morgenthau was leading
      the academic forces of opposition to the detested Vietnam War, which is
      precisely why I chose to study with him. During ten years of higher
      education at the University of Chicago and Harvard, I refused to study
      with openly pro-Vietnam-War professors as a matter of principle and also
      on the quite pragmatic ground that they had nothing to teach me.

      Historically, this latest eruption of American militarism at the start of
      the 21st Century is akin to that of America opening the 20th Century by
      means of the U.S.-instigated Spanish-American War in 1898. Then the
      Republican administration of President William McKinley stole their
      colonial empire from Spain in Cuba, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the
      Philippines; inflicted a near genocidal war against the Filipino people;
      while at the same time illegally annexing the Kingdom of Hawaii and
      subjecting the Native Hawaiian people (who call themselves the Kanaka
      Maoli) to near genocidal conditions. Additionally, McKinley’s military
      and colonial expansion into the Pacific was also designed to secure
      America’s economic exploitation of China pursuant to the euphemistic
      rubric of the “open door” policy. But over the next four decades
      America’s aggressive presence, policies, and practices in the
      “Pacific” would ineluctably pave the way for Japan’s attack at Pearl
      Harbor on Dec. 7, 194l, and thus America’s precipitation into the
      ongoing Second World War. Today a century later the serial imperial
      aggressions launched and menaced by the Republican Bush Jr. administration
      and now the Democratic Obama administration are threatening to set off
      World War III.

      By shamelessly exploiting the terrible tragedy of 11 September 2001, the
      Bush Jr. administration set forth to steal a hydrocarbon empire from the
      Muslim states and peoples living in Central Asia and the Persian Gulf and
      Africa under the bogus pretexts of (1) fighting a war against
      international terrorism; and/or (2) eliminating weapons of mass
      destruction; and/or (3) the promotion of democracy; and/or (4) self-styled
      “humanitarian intervention”/responsibility to protect. Only this time
      the geopolitical stakes are infinitely greater than they were a century
      ago: control and domination of two-thirds of the world’s hydrocarbon
      resources and thus the very fundament and energizer of the global economic
      system – oil and gas. The Bush Jr./ Obama administrations have
      already targeted the remaining hydrocarbon reserves of Africa, Latin
      America, and Southeast Asia for further conquest or domination, together
      with the strategic choke-points at sea and on land required for their
      transportation. In this regard, the Bush Jr. administration announced
      the establishment of the U.S. Pentagon’s Africa Command (AFRICOM) in
      order to better control, dominate, and exploit both the natural resources
      and the variegated peoples of the continent of Africa, the very cradle of
      our human species. Libya and the Libyans became the first victims to
      succumb to AFRICOM under the Obama administration. They will not be the
      last.

      This current bout of U.S. imperialism is what Hans Morgenthau denominated
      “unlimited imperialism” in his seminal work Politics Among Nations
      (4th ed. 1968, at 52-53):

      “The outstanding historic examples of unlimited imperialism are the
      expansionist policies of Alexander the Great, Rome, the Arabs in the
      seventh and eighth centuries, Napoleon I, and Hitler. They all have in
      common an urge toward expansion which knows no rational limits, feeds on
      its own successes and, if not stopped by a superior force, will go on to
      the confines of the political world. This urge will not be satisfied so
      long as there remains anywhere a possible object of domination--a
      politically organized group of men which by its very independence
      challenges the conqueror’s lust for power. It is, as we shall see,
      exactly the lack of moderation, the aspiration to conquer all that lends
      itself to conquest, characteristic of unlimited imperialism, which in the
      past has been the undoing of the imperialistic policies of this kind...
      “

      It is the Unlimited Imperialists along the lines of Alexander, Rome,
      Napoleon and Hitler who are now in charge of conducting American foreign
      policy. The factual circumstances surrounding the outbreaks of both the
      First World War and the Second World War currently hover like twin Swords
      of Damocles over the heads of all humanity.

      Francis A. Boyle is a graduate of the University of Chicago and Harvard
      Law School. He has advised numerous international bodies in the areas of
      human rights, war crimes, genocide, nuclear policy, and bio warfare. He
      received a PHD in political science from Harvard University.