Quotes from ICH

  • scotpeden@cruzio.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 22, 2012
      "Understand that all battles are waged on an unconscious level before they
      are begun on the conscious one, and this battle is no different. The power
      structure wishes us to believe that the only options available are those
      which they present to us, we know this is simply not true." - Teresa
      Stover

      "Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been
      hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man
      whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything -
      you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." -Robert
      A. Heinlein

      Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're
      being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put
      away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John
      Lennon

      "It is worthy of remark that a belief constantly inculcated during the
      early years of life, whilst the brain is impressible, appears to acquire
      almost the nature of an instinct; and the very essence of an instinct is
      that it is followed independently of reason." - Charles Darwin
    • scotpeden
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 27, 2013
        Sad, but I have a hard time finding anything to argue about in these quotes.

        "Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want
        their illusions destroyed." - Friedrich Ni! etzsche

        "There are two different types of people in the world, those who want to
        know, and those who want to believe." - Friedrich Nietzsche

        "The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which
        are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind." -
        Friedrich Nietzsche

        Love is all there is
      • scotpeden
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 7, 2013
          The propaganda system allows the U.S. Leadership to commit crimes
          without limit and with no suggestion of misbehavior or criminality; in
          fact, major war criminals like Henry Kissinger appear regularly on TV
          to comment on the crimes of the derivative butchers. ": Edward S.
          Herman, political economist and author

          " The purpose of commercial [media] is to induce mass sales. For mass
          sales there must be a mass norm ... By suppressing the individual, the
          unique, the industry ... assures itself a standard product for mass
          consumption.": John Whiting, writer, commenting on the homogenization of
          corporate media program content

          "In the United States, both the Republican and Democratic Parties, with
          only a few prominent exceptions, have been and are in the pay of the
          corporate media and communication giants.": John Nichols and Robert
          McChesney

          " When everyone is thinking the same, no one is thinking.": John Wooden
        • scotpeden
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 25, 2013
            "I BELIEVE that God wants me to be president."George W. Bush

            "I would like to thank Providence and the Almighty for choosing me of all
            people to be allowed to wage this battle for Germany," Adolf Hitler -
            Berlin March, 1936

            "God is not on the side of any nation, yet we know He is on the side of
            justice. Our finest moments [as a nation] have come when we faithfully
            served the cause of justice for our own citizens, and for the people of
            other lands." - George W. Bush

            If we pursue this way, if we are decent, industrious, and honest, if we so
            loyally and truly fulfill our duty, then it is my conviction that in the
            future as in the past the lord God will always help us: Adolf Hitler, at
            the H! arvest Thanksgiving Festival on the Buckeburg held on 3 Oct. 1937

            "freedom and fear, justice and cruelty have always been at war, and we
            know that God is not neutral between them." George W. Bush

            "Never in these long years have we offered any other prayer but this:
            Lord, grant to our people peace at home, and grant and preserve to them
            peace from the foreign foe!" :Adolf Hitler - Nuremberg Sept. 13, 1936.
          • scotpeden
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 30, 2013
              "That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another
              inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned; th! at
              until there is no longer any first-class and second-class citizens of any
              nation; that until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
              than the color of his eyes; that until the basic human rights are equally
              guaranteed to all, without regard to race -- until that day, the dreams of
              lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality
              will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained":
              Speech by - H.I.M. HAILE SELASSIE I - California 28th February 1968

              "In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be
              afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a
              real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us": - Thich Nhat
              Hanh, Contemporary Vietnamese

              "The biggest lesson I learned from Vietnam is not to trust [our own]
              government statements. I had no idea until then that you could not rely on
              [them]": - James W. Fulbright: US senator who initiated the international
              exchange program for scholars, 1905-1995

              "The victor will never be asked if he told the truth": - Adolf Hitler