Democrats push for ban of assault over Sandy Hook, but stay silent on nuclear power after Fukushima

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2012
      Democrats push for ban of assault weapons over Sandy Hook, but stay silent on
      nuclear power after Fukushima by Lori Price, www.legitgov.org 20 Dec 2012

      Democrats want to implement a ban on military-style assault weapons in the
      aftermath of the Sandy Hook shootings. Several lawmakers and liberal pundits
      assert that certain guns--by their very existence--are a threat to human life.
      Well. Why no similar outcry demanding an end to nuclear power--after four
      nuclear plant meltdowns at Fukushima? Nuclear power plants, history has
      shown--by their very existence--are a threat to human life. In fact, President
      Barack Obama sent officials to Japan to ensure that the Japanese government
      would continue to build new plants. There was no 'wall-to-wall' media coverage
      as the disasters unfolded at Fukushima, unlike the commercial-free coverage of
      the events that transpired at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Surely, thyroid
      cancer will kill far more than the twenty children who were among the twenty-six
      who perished in Newtown, Connecticut. Yes, Sandy Hook was a 'mindless,
      senseless' tragedy. Ditto the Obama Administration's unabated--albeit hushed, so
      as not to offend the 'Left'--love affair with nuclear power and its Wall Street
      profiteers.

      http://www.legitgov.org/Democrats-push-ban-assault-weapons-over-Sandy-Hook-stay-\
      silent-nuclear-power-after-Fukushima

    • scotpeden@cruzio.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 21, 2012
        Yup, the hypocrisy of the psychopaths. They will say ANYTHING to get YOU
        AND I to co-opt into mass suffering and murder of anyone not benefiting
        their bottom line. This is how you make money from blood and death.

        One potential disaster is profitable for several international types of
        corporations, who are dependent on government legislation to ensure their
        profits, the other isn't.

        Now if we can bomb nukes in foreign lands that have 21st century natural
        resources, and hit a mess of schools and hospitals as collateral damage,
        that wouldn't raise any out cry from our government either.

        In fact, we'd have been forced to do it to them.

        Scott