Victory for Alex Sanchez! message from Fight Back!

  • Carlos Montes
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2012
      Our brother in the struggle has won another battle against state/police repression!

      Carlos Montes
      www.fightbacknews.org

      Fight Back!

      Carlos Montes thought you would like to see the Fight Back! web site.
      Message from Sender
      Victory for our people and all those of us who fight against state/police repression!

      Victory for Alex Sanchez: Charges dropped!

      Los Angeles, CA - Alex Sanchez won a major victory against government repression, Dec. 17, when the U.S. Attorney main office dropped the outrageous conspiracy to murder and other charges.
      Sanchez and his attorney presented a legal motion to drop the latest charge. The U.S. attorney asked for more time to respond and finally agreed to drop the charges.
      Sanchez had already spent about a year in jail awaiting trial, with extremely high bail. When he finally made bail, he resumed his work as Executive Director of Homies Unidos and took up the fight against the false charges.
      The phony charges stemmed from efforts by Sanchez to promote peace among members of the gang MS-13.
      Alex Sanchez has been a courageous fighter for peace and justice all his adult life. He has worked for years tirelessly with gangs promoting peace, worked for immigrants’ rights and supported the peace movements of gangs in El Salvador and in the U.S. Sanchez has been through this before, when the LAPD Ramparts Division and ICE tried to jail and then deport him, but he won then and continued his work here in Los Angeles.
      Sanchez is part of the movement for equality for Central Americans living within the U.S. He’s always spoken out for our communities - especially for those that others are willing to ‘throw under the bus’ when it comes to reforms. Sanchez has also been active in supporting others targeted by government repression, like Carlos Montes. Sanchez attended Montes’ court hearings and spoke out on his behalf.
      The community rallied and supported Sanchez by attending court with him to protest the false charges.

      Click here to read more on our site