3 More Days of Free Tickets to See: "Who Bombed Judi Bari" ~ At Noho Laemmle Theatre in North Hollywood ~ Tuesday, December 11th, Wednesday 12th & Thursday 13th ~ For All Shows Except 7:20 PM ~ ShowTimes are 1:30, 4:00, 7:20 & 10:00 PM Daily

  • Frank Dorrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2012
      3 More Days of Free Tickets to See:

      Who Bombed Judi Bari? - www.whobombedjudibari.com

      At Noho 7 Laemmle Theatre - 5240 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood 91601

      Tuesday, December 11th - Wednesday, December 12th - Thursday, December 13th
      ShowTimes are 1:30, 4:00, 7:20 & 10:00 PM Daily

      Free Tickets For All Shows, Except 7:20 PM - At Oscar Qualifying Benefit
      Screenings

      The producers of WHO BOMBED JUDI BARI, the award-winning enviro feature
      documentary: are offering free tickets for members of environmental & social
      justice organizations at all show times, except for the 7:20 PM screenings.

      Director Mary Liz Thomson and Producer Darryl Cherney for Q & A after every
      7:20 pm show and Executive Producers Sheila Laffey & Elyse Katz at some
      screenings as well. Ed Begley, Jr. will introduce show on Thursday, Dec. 13
      at 7:20 pm. There will be surprise guests at other screenings, including
      KPFK programmers.

      Please RSVP for Free Tickets (to Matinee & 10:00 PM shows only)
      if you are with enviro or social justice group to: hokeypokey@...
      Advance sales available at: http://whobombedjudibari.com

      Otherwise tickets are $11 evening, $8 (matinees & seniors)
      100% of the net proceeds from daily screenings benefit KPFK 90.7 FM.

      The movie is narrated by Judi Bari as she told her life story through her
      deathbed testimony. As she weaves her tale under oath, the movie flashes
      back
      and forth to footage of the daring, action-packed, yet often humorous and
      musical scenes she depicts. Much of the story focuses
      on the successful Earth First campaign of Redwood Summer led by Judi and
      Darryl Cherney (film's producer).

      For trailer, reviews, articles story, photos at Skywalker Sound, etc.
      www.whobombedjudibari.com

      * Winner 2012
      * CINE Golden Eagle Award
      * Best Documentary, Santa Cruz Film Festival
      * Best Documentary, Malibu Film Festival
      * Best Documentary, Desert Rocks Film Festival
      * Best Feature, Davis Film Festival

      "A heartfelt tribute. witty songs . docu examines extensively reported
      events surrounding the 1990 car bombing that injured
      environmental activists Judi Bari and Darryl Cherney, an act for which the
      two victims themselves were charged but never tried. The film, produced by
      Cherney, makes a clear and cogent case (later upheld by a court verdict)
      that
      police and FBI falsified evidence in order to discredit Bari's cause."
      -Variety

      "Tough and intriguingly well-told" --Village Voice

      "An engrossing account. effectively moving"- Hollywood Reporter

      "It does make you wonder what really happened on May 24, 1990" -NY Times

      "I'm very proud to be included as is my family. What a beautiful, fitting
      tribute to one of our great heroines. --Bonnie Raitt, Recording Artist

      "It got me angry, it made me sad, but above all it made me laugh like hell.
      Don't miss it!" --Peter Coyote, Actor/Writer

      "A powerful tribute to Judi Bari and will lead the American public to
      recognize her as an iconic American environmental hero." --Ed Asner, Actor

      "I'm a big supporter and happy to speak anywhere that the film is shown."
      --Tom Hayden, Legendary Political Activist

      www.whobombedjudibari.com