FW: [change-links] URGENT KPFK election] Quorum needed

  • Cindy Henderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2012
      This is from Peace & Freedom Comrade Chuck Anderson. Chuck has been very active in KPFK for a long time, and I share his recommendations
      To: change-links@yahoogroups.com; actionla@...; occp@yahoogroups.com
      From: QUETZALCOATL38@...
      Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:45:03 -0500
      Subject: [change-links] URGENT KPFK election] Quorum needed

      Chuck

      quetzalcoatl38@...

      Subject: [actionla] Quorum needed in KPFK station board elections

      Please feel free to forward widely, and to alert your own email lists:

      KPFK is far from quorum on the local station board elections; only about half
      the number needed have been sent in so far. This year, ballots for all 5
      Pacifica stations are being collected and tallied in NY. Please send in your
      ballot if you have not already done so, and please alert others you know who
      are KPFK subscribers. If you are a listener-sponsor and have NOT received your
      ballot, please call 866-720-4357 IMMEDIATELY to get a new ballot.

      I am endorsing the candidates of the Grassroots Community Radio Coalition, in
      particular current LSB members Aryana Gladney of the Black Riders Liberation
      Party and Lawrence Reyes of the Puerto Rican Alliance, Reza Pour of the Union
      of Progressive Iranians, a former LSB member, Jamie Rae Garcia, a nurse with
      Occupy the Hood, Jack Neff, Sonia Parada and Armida Corral.

      All 9 candidates are listed at www.gcrc-socal.org along with the platform of
      the coalition for building the station and attracting new listeners with their
      talents, voices, contributions and concerns. -

      -Michael Novick

      PS Additional endorsements for the Grassroots slate always welcome!--MN

      **NEW Activist Tools from ActionLA!**

      http://www.ActivistVideo.org
      An Activist-Run Video Sharing Page!

      ActionLA
      Action for World Liberation Everyday!
      Tel: (213)403-0131
      e-mail: Info@...

      To join the list, send e-mail to: actionla-subscribe@...
      or visit: http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/actionla

      *Please post your protest, community event and news at ActionLA!*

      To add your event, please go:
      http://actionla.org/user/addevents.php

      To publish your announcement and community news, please visit:
      http://actionla.org/user/publish.php

      **WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

      Please support our important works of ActionLA! Send your donations to:

      ActionLA
      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751
      (at the memo line write donations to ActionLA/AFGJ, all donations are tax
      deductible)

      For Credit Card donations, please visit: http://www.actionla.org/Donation.htm