Regarding US Policy on War, it can't happen here...

  • scotpeden@cruzio.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2012
      Hermann Goering's Quote
      On War And The People

      “Of course people don’t want war. Why should a poor slob on a farm want to
      risk his life in a war when the best thing he can get out of it is to come
      back to his farm in one piece?”

      Hermann Goering quotes
      http://thinkexist.com/quotation/naturally_the_common_people_don-t_want_war/339098.html

      "Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in
      England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after
      all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is
      always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a
      democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist
      dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
      bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY
      ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism
      and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

      --Goering during Easter Break at the Nuremberg Trials, to the psychiatrist

      Source: http://rense.com/general21/wara.htm

      "Our government has kept us in a perpetual state of fear - kept us in a
      continuous stampede of patriotic fervor - with the cry of grave national
      emergency" General Douglas McArthur

      “Education is dangerous - Every educated person is a future enemy”

      Hermann Goering quotes

      “Whenever I hear the word culture, I reach for my Browning!”

      Hermann Goering quotes

      Nothing changes, if nothing changes. Author unknown.

      This is for all the 'Good Americans', who know, it can't happen here. Your
      part of a larger international community then you'd ever believe.