Walmart, the largest Welfare reciepient in the USA.

  • scotpeden@cruzio.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      We get what we pay for.

      Even those of us that do not shop there, pay for Walmarts yearly 2.6
      BILLION in profits, Socialized to the Communities they are in, payed for
      by the whole community even the non shoppers, while in the Capitalist
      Economic plan, they keep all the profits.

      Please see the graphics attachment
      Scott

      Grayson: Walmart is ‘the largest recipient of public aid in the country’

      http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/27/grayson-walmart-is-the-largest-recipient-of-public-aid-in-the-country/

      Grayson: Walmart is ‘the largest recipient of public aid in the country’
      By Stephen C. Webster
      Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:46 EST
      Print
      Share on facebookShare on redditShare on diggShare on twitterShare on
      farkShare on stumbleupon768

      Representative-elect Alan Grayson appearing on "The Young Turks." Photo:
      Screenshot via Current.com.
      Topics: alan grayson ♦ GRAYSON ♦ Walmart

      Representative-elect Alan Grayson (D-FL) said Monday that he will put
      mega-retailer Walmart squarely in his sights during the next Congress for
      the company’s liberal use of public assistance programs to supplement
      their workers’ wages.

      Speaking to Current TV host Cenk Uygur on Monday’s episode of “The Young
      Turks,” Grayson called Walmart “the largest recipient of public aid in the
      country,” saying their low wages force workers to take food stamps,
      housing assistance and Medicaid just to get by.

      “The taxpayer pays for the earned income credit,” he said. “The taxpayer
      pays for Medicaid. The taxpayer pays for unemployment insurance when they
      cut hours down. And the taxpayer pays for other forms of public assistance
      like food stamps. I think the taxpayer is getting fed up of paying these
      things when, in fact, Walmart could give every employee its got, even the
      CEO, a 30 percent raise and still be profitable.”

      He added that while the health care mandate in the Affordable Care Act
      will help, “that’s just the start.”

      “In state after state after state, Walmart employees represent the largest
      group of Medicaid recipients, the largest group of food stamp recipients,
      and taxpayers shouldn’t have to bear that burden,” Grayson said. “It
      should be Walmart. So, we’re going to take that burden and put it where it
      belongs: on Walmart.”

      Grayson, an outspoken progressive, was ousted from his congressional seat
      in 2010′s tea party wave. He regained a seat this November following
      redistricting in the state that put him in a more heavily Democratic
      district.

      Raw Story (http://s.tt/1uYM2)