Intel Petition: First 5000 Signatures Submitted!

  • Zahi Damuni
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2012
      Dear all

      We want to thank everyone who helped us reach our first target of 5000 signatures which was accomplished today November 26, 2012. The petition with these signatures was also sent today by certified mail to Intel President and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Paul S. Otellini. We will continue collecting signatures on the petition. Our next target is adding 5000 more for a total of 10,000 signatures. Once we achieve this goal, we will send the added signatures to Intel. Anything you can do to help achieve our second petition target of an additional 5000 signatures would be much appreciated. For example, sign if you haven't, ask friends to sign, and post and advertise the petition widely. We will initiate other related actions soon. Thanks!

      To sign the petition please go to:
      http://www.causes.com/causes/1752-palestinian-refugees-right-to-return-al-awda/actions/1695033?utm_campaign=home

      Long Live Gaza! Long Live Palestine! Onward Until Return!

      BACKGROUND

      The original inhabitants of Iraq Al-Manshiya and the nearby village of
      Fallujah were expelled from their villages in 1949 by Israel contrary to
      international law and an armistice agreement which Israel itself signed
      earlier that year on 24 February 1949. This agreement, which was co-signed
      by the UN mediator, the American Ralph Bunche, guaranteed the safety of
      land, property and the people of Iraq Al-Manshiya and Fallujah, and their
      right to remain in their villages. According to Zionist historian Benny
      Morris, the villagers of Iraq Al-Manshiya (and Fallujah) were expelled by
      "intimidation using all means". There are now 24,000 Iraq Al-Manshiya
      refugees, living in refugee camps in Jordan (15,000) and in the West Bank
      (9,000). Some these refugees are now US citizens, living in the US and
      paying taxes.

      Intel built and operates two manufacturing plants, known as Fab 18 and Fab
      28, which it opened in 1999 and 2009, respectively on Iraq Al-Manshiya land
      which belongs partly to US citizens (see Palestine Land Society map at
      http://www.al-awda.org/manshiyamap.html ). Intel did this without the
      knowledge of the owners of the land or their permission. Thus, the company
      is in violation of international law and is trespassing on privately-owned
      property.

      ACT NOW

      Join us in demanding Intel shut down and dismantle its manufacturing plants
      in Israel. The company must stop profiting from its operations on land
      stolen from Palestinian refugees that it is trespassing. Please sign the
      petition, invite your friends to sign, and help us by sending this message
      to all your contacts. We have so far gathered more than 3800 signatures,
      well on the way to our initial goal of 5000. We depend on your help to
      achieve this!

      Sign The Petition:
      http://www.causes.com/causes/1752-palestinian-refugees-right-to-return-al-awda/actions/1695033?utm_campaign=home

      Alternatively, please CALL AND WRITE TO:

      Paul S. Otellini Intel President and Chief Executive Officer at
      Paul.Otellini@... Tel: 408-765-5551

      AND use this online form:
      https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/corporate-responsibility-contact-us.html

      To help us keep track, please cc your correspondence to
      alerts@...

      Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition
      PO Box 131352
      Carlsbad, CA 92013, USA
      Tel: 760-918-9441
      Fax: 760-918-9442
      E-mail: info@...
      WWW: http://al-awda.org

      Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition (PRRC) is the largest
      network of grassroots activists and students dedicated to Palestinian human
      rights. We are a not for profit tax-exempt educational and charitable
      501(c)(3) organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of
      the United States of America. Under IRS guidelines, your donations to PRRC
      are tax-deductible. Please go to http://www.al-awda.org/donate.html and
      follow the simple instructions.