KPFK Local Station Board Election, Ken Burns' 'The Dust Bowl'

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2012
      Pacificans - it's election time in all station areas, and here are my strong
      recommendations for the KPFK Station Board.
      I've loved Pacifica since hearing the McCarthy hearings as a UC Berkeley
      freshman, and had a strong relationship to KPFK since its beginning, in
      1959 and the forming group's office/station was a few blocks from the Ash
      Grove (estbl. in '58). AG music was
      a core on their radio, from the beginning, and their guiding principles
      matched my own. I got directly involved in 1999 in taking back the Network
      from a gang that evicserated its principles, fired people like Amy Goodman,
      and the National Board elected itself! After
      we won the battle, on the streets and in court, the group I helped found won
      a majority of seats on KPFK's LSB. We included
      Sonali Kolhatkar and Alan Minsky as station reps, and listener reps,
      including me. My experience there convinced me that what the station needs
      is people not only with Pacifica's principles and dedication, but with
      non-profit and professional experience in the real world, especially in
      tough times - like now. I, the endorsers below and others have selected
      this roster from among the many applicants we've met and vetted. I urge you
      to consider our slate. The voices of Pacifica are invaluable and unique -
      unfortunately.
      Ed

      _____