"ONE FAMILY IN GAZA" ~ Watch this 22-minute film about what happened to a family in Gaza whose home was destroyed by the Israeli Army & whose son was killed by them. ~ Gaza is under assault again.

  • Frank Dorrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2012
      Watch this Moving, Powerful & Sad 22-minute film about what happened to a
      family in Gaza whose home was destroyed by the Israeli Army & whose son was
      killed by them.

      One Family In Gaza

      <http://vimeo.com/18384109> http://vimeo.com/18384109

      By Jen Marlowe

      Just months after the Israeli assault that killed 1,390 Palestinians, I
      visited Gaza. Among dozens of painful stories I heard, one family stood out.
      I spent several days with Kamal and Wafaa Awajah, playing with their
      children, sleeping in the tent they were living in, and filming their story.

      Wafaa described the execution of their son, Ibrahim. As she spoke, her
      children played on the rubble of their destroyed home. Kamal talked about
      struggling to help his kids heal from trauma. What compelled me to tell the
      Awajah family's story? I was moved not only by their tragedy but by the love
      for their children in Wafaa & Kamal's every word. Palestinians in Gaza are
      depicted either as violent terrorists or as helpless victims. The Awajah
      family challenges both portrayals. Through one family's story, the larger
      tragedy of Gaza is exposed & the courage and resilience of its people shines
      through.

      For more information or to purchase a DVD or organize a screening, please
      contact: donkeysaddle@...

      Jen Marlowe

      Message from Kathleen Wang, who sent this film to me.

      Please take time to see this family and listen to what has happened to them
      and how they feel today. Please share with other Americans. US funds this.
      These are the kind of families I visited in Gaza in 2008. 3540 homes were
      destroyed during those 22 days in 2008-2009. It happened the last time Obama
      was elected and he stayed silent. Israel has not allowed building materials
      into Gaza to rebuild those destroyed homes nor to rebuild the public
      infrastructure. The Parliament building I sat in August 2008 was bombed. 80%
      of Gaza's people are food dependent. 90% of water is not healthy for humans
      to drink. Israel cut off water and electricity before they started this
      weeks bombing. 30 are dead. 238 wounded. Mostly civilians. Most are still in
      tents and the bombs are dropping again. Please call Obama

      202-456-1111. According to Netanyahoo, Obama gave the ok for this assault to
      begin again. Today miraculously the Prime Minister of Egypt visited a
      hospital and held an injured child in his arms and no doubt he wept. Will
      American officials, our President do that? Let's ask.

      Kathleen: <mailto:katowang2@...> katowang2@...

      ONE FAMILY IN GAZA

      http://vimeo.com/18384109