Fwd: RAC-LA 5 Year Anniversary Sunday Nov 18th, 2012 12PM-5PM

  • John A Imani
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2012
      Comrades,

      The Revolutionary Autonomous Communities-Los Angeles--formed in the wake of
      the Police Riot in MacArthur Park on May Day 2007--was initiated as a
      response to demonstrate that the right of human laborers to go where ever
      it is that we might find work w/o regard to man-made inventions such as
      borders.

      On May Day 2007 the LAPD took a position that should one demonstrate for
      this (and other) human rights then that one (and all who do so) will be
      attacked by the armed power of the state. The radicals who formed RAC-LA,
      in opposition to this, did so with the express intention of organizing not
      only paper-less migrants but the lowest economic rung of the working class,
      the homeless, the hungry, the work-less, the lowest paid members of our
      class so as to:

      1.) provide mutual aid with and to each other through RAC's 'Programa
      Comida', our 'Food Program' which weekly provides fresh vegetables and
      fruits free of charge to now over 200 of those in need; and,

      2.) lay the plans and develop a model of revolutionary resistance that
      ought serve as an example of new ways of thinking, new methods of work.

      Join us Sunday Nov 18th to celebrate 5 years of the efforts towards
      achieving these goals at the SE corner of Wilshire and Parkview (LA 90057)
      on the west side of MacArthur Park from 12PM-5PM. Or any Sunday, rain or
      shine as the work of RAC-LA goes onward.

      JAI
      RAC-LA