Fw: BREAKING: We're Prepared to Strike, Please Support

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2012
      BREAKING: We're Prepared to Strike, Please Support
      Is this email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.

      Dear Romi,

      Yesterday, a group of warehouse workers in Southern California decided they will strike this week if the retaliation at the warehouse where they work does not end.

      You can support these brave workers. Sign our petition supporting all workers in Walmart's supply chain.

      Warehouse workers like David Garcia were terminated and others have been demoted or had their hours dramatically cut just for speaking up for a safe work place.

      There is good news: Since workers went on strike the first time this September, the company that operates the warehouse has been scrambling to rent fans, add water coolers and fix broken equipment. Now workers no longer have to pay for their own safety equipment. With your support, conditions are improving.

      Unfortunately, the workers who risked their jobs to win humane working conditions are still being punished and retaliated against. For this reason workers are prepared to strike again.

      Retaliation anywhere in Walmart’s supply chain should not be tolerated, but workers are speaking up despite the risks. Walmart workers announced they will make Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving and the biggest shopping day, a national day of action to end retaliation at Walmart.

      One way you can support workers in Walmart's entire supply chain is to sign our joint petition. Six members of the Walton family, who own half the company, have more wealth than the bottom 42% of American families combined. Walmart is the largest private-sector employer in the world. Walmart must ensure that all workers who help enrich the company are respected and not retaliated against for speaking up.

      Sincerely,

      Warehouse Workers United
      Southern California

      P.S. If you are in the Los Angeles are, please join us in person. Rally with Warehouse Workers to End Retaliation Thursday, November 15. Like on Facebook
      Follow on Twitter
      Forward to a Friend
      Warehouse Worker Relief Fund
       follow on Twitter | like on Facebook | forward to a friend | Donate
      Copyright © 2012 Warehouse Workers United, All rights reserved.
      Final sign on letter list from strike.
      Our mailing address is:

      Warehouse Workers United
      601 S Milliken Ave, Suite AOntario, CA 91761