11/8: MAKE THE CALL, SIGN THE PETITION TO SUPPORT SERGIO!

  • SIUHIN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2012
      (http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=FZ4npfoeKDKA8brogolJuYgZstRbAMzU)
      11.08.12
      _MAKE THE CALL, SIGN THE PETITION TO SUPPORT SERGIO - It's a matter of
      life or death! _
      (http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7mseHNVje9zUp4l5BDE/1ogZstRbAMzU)
      This week, there were some great victories for workers, immigrants, the
      LGBT community, and more BUT the work for us and for the people we fight for
      continues.
      One of our leaders of the Dignity at Darden campaign in Los Angeles has
      been in an ICE detention facility since May of this year. Sergio is a ROC-LA
      member, a gay man living with AIDS, who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
      Doctors found a tumor in his head - but Sergio is not getting the medical
      treatment he needs.

      Please take a minute to sign this petition:
      _http://action.dreamactivist.org/california/sergio/_
      (http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UnBxRcZo3dROgVZn6zoD81Y+t7Toq+r4)

      Sergio was told he needs chemotherapy as soon as possible but he is not
      getting the treatment he needs in detention. His health is deteriorating
      rapidly, and without the proper treatment Sergio could die soon. Santa Ana
      City Jail has a record of abuses of gay and transgender detainees, delays in
      medical care, and reports of mistreatment. Sergio needs to be released
      immediately!

      Please take a minute to _sign the petition_
      (http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9dzmwuUv33q+sLHIOdCbeYgZstRbAMzU) , share it with
      others, and make a call to ICE!

      Call ICE – John Morton @ 202-732-3000

      Sample Script: “Hi, I am calling to urge ICE to release Sergio Vazquez
      Gutierrez (A# 200-243-222) from the Santa Ana City Jail in California. Sergio
      was recently diagnosed with cancer and a tumor in his head. He needs
      immediate surgery to remove the tumor before it's too late. Sergio must be
      released from detention to get the treatment he urgently needs. Let him go!"

      Thank You!
      ROC United

      ==

      National Immigrant Solidarity Network
      webpage: _http://www.ImmigrantSolidarity.org_
      (http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/)
      e-mail: _info@..._
      (mailto:infor@...)

      New York: (212)330-8172
      Los Angeles: (213)403-0131
      Washington D.C.: (202)595-8990
      Chicago: (773)942-2268

      * join the immigrant Solidarity Network daily news litserv, send e-mail
      to: isn-subscribe@...

      Please consider making a donation to the important work of National
      Immigrant Solidarity Network

      Send check pay to:

      National Immigrant Solidarity Network
      P.O. Box 751