QUOTE

  • Scott Peden
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2011
      So much for Cats being elected by Mice!

      *"Although we give lip service to the notion of freedom, we know that
      government is no longer the servant of the people but, at last, has
      become the people's master. We have stood by like timid sheep while the
      wolf killed -- **first the weak, then the strays, then those on the
      outer edges of the flock, until at last the entire flock belonged to the
      wolf." -- **Gerry Spence** - Lawyer and author - Source: From Freedom To
      Slavery*

      ?The hottest(darkest) places in Hell are reserved for those who in times
      of great moral crises maintain their neutrality? ----Dante Alighieri

      .

    • scotpeden@cruzio.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2012
        " Few are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure
        of their colleagues, the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a
        rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet, it is
        the one essential, vital quality for those who seek to change a world
        that yields most painfully to change.
        > Each time a person stands up for an idea, or acts to improve the lot of
        others, or strikes out against injustice, (s) he sends forth a tiny
        ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers
        of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down
        the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance."

        Robert F.Kennedy (1925--1968)
        1966 speech

      • scotpeden@cruzio.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2012
          "It's very odd how for some progressives and liberals in this country
          wars, secret detentions and bailouts and violations of habeas corpus, that
          were heinous and terrible and hideous when an inarticulate white
          Republican from West Texas does it, becomes curiously okay when a
          sophisticated black lawyer does it." - Paul Street, a journalist and
          author

        • bigraccoon
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 20, 2013
            Bill Moyer stated on Friday nights show:
            "If guns don't kill people, why aren't we sending our soldiers into wars without them?"