Fw: We could lose Wisconsin

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2011
      #yiv653782157 , #yiv653782157 td, #yiv653782157 font {font-size:10pt;}
      #yiv653782157
      #yiv653782157 td p {margin:0em;}
      #yiv653782157 p {margin:1em 0em;}
      #yiv653782157 td div p {margin:1em 0em;}
      #yiv653782157
      #yiv653782157 .yiv653782157X0uMP p {margin:1em 0;}

      Add your name to the statement of support:

      "I support the Wisconsin 14 and will stand with them in their brave opposition to Governor Walker's radical attacks
      on workers."

      Sign the statement of support

      Dear MoveOn member,

      We could be on the verge of losing in Wisconsin.

      The Wisconsin 14—the brave Democratic state senators who left the state to stop the Republican attacks on
      workers—are under increasing pressure to return to Wisconsin.

      Governor Walker is even threatening to lay off thousands of state workers to blackmail Democrats into coming
      back.1 And as soon as just one Democratic senator returns, Republicans will be able to jam through their terrible
      bill.

      Unfortunately, over the last 24 hours there have been credible reports from blogs and local news reporters that
      this is imminent.2

      These senators have been away from their homes and families for almost two weeks now, at great personal cost.
      Their bravery has made this whole fight possible, and it can't be easy. That's why we need to show them that they
      have the support of millions of progressives nationwide—and that as long as they stay strong, we'll stand with them.

      Will you add your name to our emergency statement of support? We'll deliver your signatures and comments electronically,
      throughout the day, to the senators or their staffs, so they can see how much support they have.

      Click here to add your name

      The statement of support says: "I support the Wisconsin 14 and will stand with them in their brave opposition
      to Governor Walker's radical attacks on workers."

      Thanks for all you do.
      –Daniel, Lenore,
      Peter, Julia, and the rest of the team

      Sources:

      1. "Wisconsin Gov. Walker threatens
      to trigger layoffs for thousands of public workers," The Washington Post,
      February 26, 2011

      http://www.moveon.org/r?r=206386&id=26372-3339930-PkcZIbx&t=4

      2. "Some Wisconsin Democratic senators
      looking to return, recalls loom (Updated)," Daily Kos, March 1, 2011

      http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/01/951436/-Some-Wisconsin-Democratic-senators-looking-to-return,-recalls-loom-(Updated)

      "Senate leader meets with some missing
      Democrats," Associated Press, March 1, 2011

      http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=14163899

      Want to support our work?
      We're entirely funded by our 5 million members—no
      corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our
      tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way.
      Chip in here.

      PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to Romi Elnagar on March 2, 2011.