4/5: Wikileaks Posts Combat Video from Iraq Showing Civilian Casualties

  • SIUHIN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2010
      Peace NO War Network
      _http://www.PeaceNOWar.net_ (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
      War is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate
      Not in our Name! And another world is possible!

      _http://www.PeaceNoWar.net_ (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
      e-mail: _Info@..._ (mailto:Info@...)
      Tel: (213)403-0131

      Please Join PeaceNoWar Listserv, send e-mail to:
      _peacenowar-subscribe@..._ (mailto:peacenowar-subscribe@...)

      Please donate to Peace NO War Network! Visit:
      _http://www.actionla.org/Donation.htm_ (http://www.actionla.org/Donation.htm)

      Upload your activism video at our Activist Video Service!_
      http://www.ActivistVideo.org_ (http://www.activistvideo.org/)

      Wikileaks Posts Combat Video from Iraq Showing Civilian Casualties
      by Rachel Maddow
      April 5, 2010
      _http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/04/05-6_
      (http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/04/05-6)

      Wikileaks has just released what is describes as classified video from U.S.
      Apache helicopters in a July 12, 2007 attack on the suburb of New Baghdad,
      Iraq. The U.S. military has said that the dozen or so casualties were
      "anti-Iraqi forces" or "insurgents." The nonprofit Sunshine Press, which runs
      Wikileaks, _reports_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0) :
      Wikileaks has obtained and decrypted this previously unreleased video
      footage from a US Apache helicopter in 2007. It shows Reuters journalist Namir
      Noor-Eldeen, driver Saeed Chmagh, and several others as the Apache shoots
      and kills them in a public square in Eastern Baghdad. They are apparently
      assumed to be insurgents. After the initial shooting, an unarmed group of
      adults and children in a minivan arrives on the scene and attempts to transport
      the wounded. They are fired upon as well. The official statement on this
      incident initially listed all adults as insurgents and claimed the US
      military did not know how the deaths occurred.
      After losing _two of its own people_
      (http://blogs.reuters.com/blog/2007/07/13/namir-noor-eldeen-and-saeed-chmagh/) in the attack, Reuters had been
      trying to get the video using the Freedom of Information Act, the Sunshine
      Press reports. The footage is tough stuff.
      "I think they just drove over a body," one troop says on the video.
      "Hah. Did he?" his colleague replies.
      "Yeah."
      Wikileaks posted the video along with transcripts and documents about what
      it says is the military's _cover-up_
      (http://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/11644350489) on _CollateralMurder.com_ (http://collateralmurder.com/) .
      There's also a _39-minute version_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is9sxRfU-ik)
      of the video above. We'll be watching and reading along with you. Hit the
      comments with your observations. My first? How weird it sounds to hear the
      pilots and gunners sliding from "keep shooting" tough talk and cackling to
      the dry sound of military commanders, and then the oddly distant
      rat-tat-tat of the guns.

      Peace NO War Network_ http://www.PeaceNOWar.net_
      (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
      War is not the answer, for only love can conquer hate
      Not in our Name! And another world is possible!

      Information for antiwar movements, news across the World, please visit:_
      http://www.PeaceNoWar.net_ (http://www.peacenowar.net/)
      e-mail: _Info@..._ (mailto:Peace@...)
      Tel: (213)403-0131

      Please Join PeaceNoWar Listserv, send e-mail to:
      _peacenowar-subscribe@..._ (mailto:peacenowar-subscribe@...)

      Please Donate to Peace No War Network!
      Send check pay to:
      ActionLA/AFGJ

      ActionLA
      P.O. Box 751
      South Pasadena, CA 91031-0751
      (All donations are tax deductible)

      The web page has been design by Activist Design Studio
      Please visit: _http://www.ActivistDesign.net_
      (http://www.activistdesign.net/)
      Toll-Free: (888)635-3307

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      *To Translate this page to Arabic, please visit
      ajeeb.com:_http://tarjim.ajeeb.com/ajeeb/default.asp?lang=1_
      (http://tarjim.ajeeb.com/ajeeb/default.asp?lang=1)

      *To Translate this page to French, Spanish, German, Italian or Portuguese,
      please visit Systran:_http://www.systransoft.com/_
      (http://www.systransoft.com/)

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      **"Report From Baghdad" CD-ROM**

      Pacifica Radio KPFK Los Angeles Reporter Lee Siu Hin's July 2003 trip to
      U.S. occupied Iraq. An interactive CD-ROM with articles, photos, audio and
      video interviews includes: people of Iraq, U.S. military, human rights
      workers, religious leaders and more!

      Please Visit the Web Site: _http://www.BaghdadReport.net_
      (http://www.baghdadreport.net/) or _http://www.actionla.org/Iraq/IraqReport/_
      (http://www.actionla.org/Iraq/IraqReport/)

      Each CD costs: $15.00 plus $3.50 S/H (work both PC and Mac)
      The CD sells will be benefit the Baghdad Independent Media Center,
      ActionLA, and PeaceNoWar.net
      *Additional donations are welcome, and it will be tax deductible.

      Send check/money orders to: