[friends-of-freedom-and-justice-bilin] Donations for Surgery for Eymad Bornat of Bil'in - Urgent-Israeli occupation forces stormed the village of Bil'in, three o'clock in the morning

  • Karin Pally
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      1-Donations for Surgery for Eymad Bornat of Bil'in - Urgent
      http://www.bilin-ffj.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=246&Itemid=1
      Emad Bornat, a resident of the West Bank Village of Bil'in,
      photographer, father, and active member of the non-violent movement
      against the occupation, specifically the wall and settlements that take
      56% of his village's land for Israeli use, was badly injured a little
      over a year ago in an accident in which he was hit by a tractor while
      filming construction in the Modi'in Illit settlement, which stands to
      this day on Bil'in's land. At the time of the injury he was in critical
      condition, but after 50 days in the hospital and intensive medical
      treatment he recovered.

      Now, a year later, he needs to undergo an additional operation in order
      to close his abdominal area, which was only temporarily closed
      previously for medical reasons. The operation will cost 22,000 shekels
      (the equivalent of USD $5,895), and he needs to pay this amount by this
      coming Tuesday!!

      the Palestinian Authority they are unwilling to cover this last piece of
      his series of treatments for the injury, and he is forced to come up
      with the sum out of his own funds (of which he has none).

      I am coordinating the collection of these urgent donations for Emad, and
      I can accept payment through cash, PayPal (emilyschaeffer@...),
      check or bank transfer. For my details, please email or call me ASAP.Or
      http://www.bilin-ffj.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=9&Itemid=129

      Lastly, I would very much appreciate if you could pass this on to anyone
      you think would be able to help my dear friend to finish his last step
      in his treatment and return to providing for his family and to
      participating in the just non-violent movement against the separation
      wall and the settlements.

      Thank you very much in advance,

      Emily Schaeffer
      +972-52-6763384
      Iyad Burnat
      +972-547847942
      +972-598403676
      or conact emad by his email emadbornat@...
      "The trouble is that once you see it, you can't unsee it. And once
      you've seen it, keeping quiet, saying nothing, becomes as political an
      act as speaking out. There is no innocence. Either way, you're
      accountable." -- Arundhati Roy

      2-Israeli occupation forces stormed the village of Bil'in, three o'clock
      in the morning
      Date: 1/2/2010 Time: 3:30
      http://www.bilin-ffj.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=245&Itemid=1

      1/2/2010 Ramallah

      Israeli military soldiers stormed the large village of Bil'in early on
      Monday morning, 1/2/2010, from the west of the apartheid wall in order
      to arrest popular resistance and international solidarity activists.
      Forces failed to capture one activist and then proceeded to fire stun
      grenades and gas into the home and under windows in order to intimidate
      neighboring citizens and their children, and interfere with their
      sleeping patterns. Soldiers have also launched grenades at international
      activists and some residents who tried to stop them from continuing the
      persistent attacks. The raid continued for an hour, at which point the
      troops left the village. The bombing comes as part of the ongoing series
      which positions the occupation forces against the inhabitants of the
      village of Bil'in in order to dissuade them from continuing the struggle
      against the occupation and stop the events against the construction of
      the wall.

      Thank you for you continued support,

      Iyad Burnat- Head of Popular Commitee in Bilin
      co-founder of Friends of Freedom and Justice - Bilin

      Email- bel3in@... <mailto:bel3in@...>
      Mobile- (00972) (0) 547847942
      Office- (00972) (2) 2489129
      Mobile- (00972) (0) 598403676