Treehugger's Ball June 20th in Silverado

  • gdjohnson2@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2009
      Contacts:
      Chay Peterson, Canyon Land Conservation Fund, Co-Founder
      Ed Amador, Canyon Land Conservation Fund, President
      P.O. Box 613, Silverado, CA 92676
      Email: info@...
      Websites: www.canyonland.org
      Phone: (714) 649-2820

      5th Annual O.C. Tree Hugger's Ball
      And “GO GREEN” Expo!
      June 20th, 2009

      Environmental Expo, Silent Auction, Guest Speakers,
      Great Food, Live Bluegrass and Rock n’ Blues
      Music & Dancing!

      Silverado Canyon, CA, March, 2009 - The Canyon
      Land Conservation Fund, a local non-profit organization
      dedicated to preserving and protecting the few remaining
      wild lands of the Santa Ana Mountains, is hosting The OC
      Tree Hugger's Ball and “Go Green” Expo on June 20th,
      2009 at Cornerstone Ranch in Silverado Canyon. The
      festive event will include an environmental expo,
      silent auction, guest speakers, live music and dancing.
      BBQ or Vegetarian dinner can be purchased at the event.
      Guests will be entertained with Woody Guthrie tunes
      and other Folk music by Lost Hills, knee slappin’
      Blue Grass music, along with Rock’n Roll and Blues
      by Robin Sanbar & Friends, Classics of the 60’s& 70’s
      by DNA, Dave and Anne Heibert, plus a special guest
      performance by Grateful Dead cover band Cubensis!

      Date: June 20th, 2009
      Time: Environmental expo 4:00 pm to Dusk, Ball: 6 pm -
      11:00 pm

      Location: Cornerstone/ Blackstar Ranch, 27912 Baker
      Canyon Road, Silverado, CA. 92676

      Cost: $30.00 General admission, pre-purchase 2 tickets
      for only $50! (admission price does not include dinner;
      regular admission price will be charged on day of event)
      Kids 6-18 yrs $15, Children 5 & under Free!

      This year’s Tree Hugger's Ball, scheduled for Saturday,
      June 20th, in Baker Canyon (Silverado), CA, is a
      chance to experience the beautiful canyon areas we
      are striving to preserve while helping to educate the
      community about our vanishing wild spaces, and our
      vital part as stewards of the earth. Our “Go Green in
      the OC!” event will feature exhibitors of eco-friendly
      products and transportation, well known environmental
      speakers, live Musicians and dancing. Guest speakers
      in the past have included Goldman Award winner
      Julia Bonds of the Coal River Mountain Watch who
      has successfully fought mountain top removal of coal;
      Flossie Horgan, of the Bolsa Chica Wetlands Project,
      Sierra Club activist Brittany McKee who played a
      key role in the “Save Trestles” project; sustainability
      expert Chris Prelitz, and Earth Resource Foundation’s
      Stephanie Barger.

      Tickets for this amazing event are on sale via Paypal at
      www.canyonland.org .
      Tickets are also available by calling the Canyon Land
      Conservation Fund at (714) 649-2820.
      Check out our great new Youtube slideshow at:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-pAC7pLL4M

      Proceeds from this event will be used for preservation
      efforts of wild lands of East Orange and within the
      Santa Ana Mountains threatened by upscale housing
      developments. Help us save our vanishing wild lands
      for future generations to enjoy and protect!
      Earn your Doctorate or PhD from an accredited online school. Free info.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTN9BnMiism2TSkTHvGomNfj1so4GKiP9RVp2LSDoxCmu2XTRkiy1S/