ACLU Forum: Challenges to Immigration Rights in So. Calif. 3/13
- ACLU PASADENA/FOOTHILLS PUBLIC FORUM MARCH 13th 7 PM
Neighborhood Church, 301 N. Orange Grove Blvd., Pasadena
2 blocks north of 134 Freeway, Orange Grove exit.
THE CHALLENGES TO IMMIGRANTS' RIGHTS IN
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TODAY
Hector Villagra, Executive Director,
ACLU-SC Orange County Office
Inflammatory issues and practices surrounding immigrants'
rights and civil liberties in Southern California include
· the use of local police to enforce federal immigration
· recent efforts to "zone" undocumented immigrants out
of a city by making it illegal for a landlord or property
owner to rent to someone undocumented
· racial and ethnic discrimination in gifted education
classes in public schools
· free speech rights of day laborers harassed by local
businesses and police
ACLU's Orange County office has faced some of the most
aggravated cases in the region. Hear Executive Director
Villagra on what ACLU is doing behind the Orange Curtain.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]