32994Driving in Rain | Information That Could SAVE YOUR LIFE

    May 10, 2014

      COME RAIN, COME SUN, BUT WEAR THE SUN GLASSES.

      DRIVING IN RAIN...This May Save Your Life. This is well worth a read !!
      SAFE-DRIVING TIPS WHEN IT IS RAINING !!!

      GOOD VISION IN A DOWNPOUR
      How to achieve good vision while driving during a heavy downpour. We
      are not sure why it is so effective; just try this method when it rains
      heavily. This method was told by a Police friend who had experienced
      and confirmed it. It is useful...even driving at night.

      Most of the motorists would turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED of the wipers
      during heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windshield is
      still bad........
      In the event you face such a situation, just put on your SUNGLASSES
      and miracles! All of a sudden, your visibility in
      front of your windshield is perfectly clear, as if there is no rain.

      Make sure you always have a pair of SUNGLASSES in your car. You are not
      only helping yourself to drive safely with good vision, but also might
      save your friend's life by giving him this idea.. Try it yourself and
      share it with your friends!!!!
      Amazingly, you still see the drops on the windshield, but not the sheet
      of rain falling. You can see where the rain bounces off the road. It
      works to eliminate the "blindness" from passing cars. Or the "kickup"
      if you are following a car in the rain.
      They ought to teach this little tip in driver's training.. It really
      does work. This is a good warning. I wonder how many people knew about
      this???

      Another good tip:
      A 36 year old female had an accident several weeks ago. It was raining,
      though not excessively when her car suddenly began to hydro-plane and
      literally flew through the air. She was not seriously injured but very
      stunned at the sudden occurrence! When she explained to the Police
      Officer what had happened, he told her something that every driver
      should know -

      NEVER DRIVE IN THE RAIN WITH YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON.
      She thought she was being cautious by setting the cruise control and
      maintaining a safe consistent speed in the rain...

      But the Police Officer told her that if the cruise control is on, your
      car will begin to hydro-plane when the tyres lose contact with the
      road, and your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed making you
      take off like an aeroplane. She told the Officer that was exactly what
      had occurred. The Officer said this warning should be listed, on the
      driver's seat sun-visor - NEVER USETHE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE ROAD IS
      WET OR ICY, along with the airbag warning. We tell our teenagers to set
      the cruise control and drive a safe speed - but we don't tell them to
      use the cruise control only when the road is dry.

      The only person the accident victim found who knew this, (besides the
      Officer), was a man who'd had a similar accident, totalled his car and
      sustained severe injuries.

      NOTE: Some vehicles (like the Toyota Sienna Limited XLE) will not allow
      you to set the cruise control when the windshield wipers are on.

      Even if you send this to 15 people and only one of them doesn't know
      about it, it's still worth it. You may have saved a life.