32978URGENT: Venue Relocation for "UNITED WE STAND FESTIVAL" ~ Saturday, May 10th

  • Frank Dorrel
    May 7 10:28 AM
      URGENT: Venue Relocation for United We Stand Festival May 10th

      Dedicated Supporter,
      "UNITED WE STAND FESTIVAL"

      SATURDAY, MAY 10th, 2014 ANNOUNCES VENUE RELOCATION

      Press Conference at UCLA with Chuck D of Public Enemy Today - 2:00 to 4:00 PM

      LOS ANGELES, CAChristina Tobin, founder and chair of the Free & Equal Elections Foundation, has issued the following statement about UCLA canceling the hosting of the United We Stand Festival at Pauley Pavilion this Saturday, May 10th.

      "
      The United We Stand Festival is moving venues. We appreciate your continued support, and we will be in contact as more information becomes available. For those who have already purchased tickets, thank you so much. Your desire to be at this festival means the world to Free & Equal. If you have already bought your tickets, please send Free and Equal a Facebook message, as we intend to put on the United We Stand Festival Free of Charge to attend for all our attendees. We would like to thank all of you for your generous support of this special festival that brings together music and education."

      The Woodstock location withdrew a few days before the event and had to be relocated to a farm (outside of Woodstock). Keep up your spirits, Free & Equal intends for this event to have similar historic implications towards the goal of world peace.

      Christina Tobin will be speaking on the venue relocation more extensively today, May 7th
      - 2:00-4:00 PM  with Chuck D, frontman of hip-hop legends Public Enemy, at UCLA’s campus, where they both will answer questions from the press. This campus visit is sponsored by UCLA’s Afrikan Student Union.

      WHEN:
      Wednesday, May 7th,
      2:00 PM to 4:00 PM

      WHERE:
      UCLA Campus
      Campaign Central (across Kerckhoff Hall steps, across from Meyerhoff Park)

      WHO:

      • Chuck D, music artist from hip hop group Public Enemy
      • Christina Tobin, founder and chair of Free & Equal

      Visual and Interview Opportunities Include:
      Capture interviews with Chuck D and youth activists. Capture b-roll of youth activism on UCLA campus.

      -----------

      About United We Stand Festival
      Free & Equal Elections Foundation, the grassroots organization that in 2012 hosted the open presidential debate moderated by television legend Larry King, will gather iconic musicians, intellectuals, and activists to empower American’s voting youth to hold their elected leaders accountable for free and equal elections. The “United We Stand” University Bus Tour will launch this educational movement on May 10, 2014.  The festival co-sponsored by a number of socially-responsible businesses including Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, Nature's Path Organic, and Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps, and numerous grassroots activist organizations brings together various perspectives which are not currently represented in Washington.

      Musical headliners include Public Enemy (Chuck D, Professor Griff, Jahi, and DJ Lord), founding members of Wu-Tang Clan, Immortal Technique, Brother Ali, The Siren, Paul Masvidal of Cynic, Tatiana Moroz, Rooftop Revolutionaries, A-Alikes, Luminaries, Kellee Maize, Jon Goodhue, Sounds of Solidarity, and more.

      Speakers include Larry King (media legend), Ben Cohen & Jerry Greenfield (Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream; via video), Dennis Kucinich (former Ohio Representative), Marianne Williamson (New York Times bestselling author & independent congressional candidate, CA-33), David Bronner (CEO of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps), and Sean Stone (son of Oliver Stone, host of Buzzsaw).

      For a full list of performers and speakers, click here.

      Warmest regards,
      The Free & Equal Team

      Free & Equal Elections Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization, whose mission is to shift the power back to the individual voter through education.

      Copyright © 2014 The Free & Equal Elections Foundation, All rights reserved.

      Our mailing address is:

      The Free & Equal Elections Foundation

      23679 Calabasas Rd. #219

      Calabasas, CA 91302