32277Ninth Annual CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program to Warm Thousands of Families During Cold Winter Months

    Feb 9, 2014
      *SENT BY THE LOUIS RIEL BOLIVARIAN CIRCLE TORONTO*

      *Ninth Annual CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program to Warm Thousands of
      Families During Cold Winter Months*
      *One-of-a-Kind Program Has Helped More Than 1.8 Million People Since 2005*
      *Houston - Feb. 5, 2014* - CITGO Petroleum Corporation and Citizens Energy
      Corporation are pleased to announce the launch of the ninth annual
      CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program today. The CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil
      Program, the only of its kind in the United States, has donated more than
      235 million gallons of heating oil to more than 1.8 million people since
      2005. As in previous years, this program will assist families, homeless
      shelters, and Native American tribes in 25 states and the District of
      Columbia.

      According to the National Energy Assistance Directors' Association, this
      year nearly seven million US households will need heating assistance. The
      typical heating oil customer who lives in the Northeast is expected to
      spend more than $2,000 on fuel this winter, up 35 percent from the winter
      of 2008-2009. Families living in older homes will spend as much as $4,000
      to keep the house warm.

      "We have committed to this program once again this year because we see it
      as a humanitarian effort that helps our most vulnerable neighbors stay warm
      during one of the coldest winters in history," said Nelson P. Martinez,
      President and CEO of CITGO Petroleum Corporation. "We can't relieve the
      need for everyone but this is our humble contribution to share the
      responsibility of improving the quality of life in our communities by using
      the strength of our resources to help those in need. This is one of the
      most important values we share with our shareholder, Petróleos de
      Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA), the national oil company of the Bolivarian
      Republic of Venezuela," he added.

      The CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program began as a single donation in
      response to the skyrocketing price of heating oil in the aftermath of
      hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Ever since, CITGO has dedicated itself to
      providing vital energy assistance for those who are forced to make the
      choice between purchasing vital necessities like food and medicine and
      heating their homes.

      Since the first year of the heating oil program, CITGO has partnered with
      Citizens Energy Corporation, a non-profit created in 1979 by former U.S.
      Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy II, to deliver the fuel. Citizens Energy
      Corporation, which has used successful ventures in the energy and health
      care industries to finance charitable programs in the U.S. and abroad, has
      provided energy assistance to families in need for more than 30 years.

      "The poor are facing a terrible hardship this winter," said Kennedy.
      "Federal fuel assistance has dropped 40 percent over the last few years
      while heating oil prices have jumped by a third. With the kind of cold
      we've experienced this winter, the federal aid just doesn't go as far. It's
      a triple whammy on the poor. That's why the generosity of CITGO Petroleum
      and the people of Venezuela is so important - it helps fill the fuel gap
      for the most vulnerable among us."

      The Venezuelan Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs for North America, Claudia
      Salerno Caldera, who attended last year's launch of the program, expressed
      the support of the Venezuelan government again this year. "Helping the
      poor is a humanitarian principle that is inherently tied to responsible
      energy policy in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and one that
      transcends geographical boundaries," she said. "President Chávez promoted
      this program in response to a request for humanitarian aid at a time of
      high fuel prices. President Maduro has ratified this support, so that the
      program will continue to warm US homes as a sign of solidarity between the
      peoples of Venezuela and the United States."

      Families struggling to pay for home heating oil can call Citizens Energy
      Corporation at (1-877-563-4645), to see if they are eligible for heating
      oil assistance. Once approved, the household will receive an authorization
      letter with details for arranging a one-time delivery of up to 100 free
      gallons of oil.

      *CITGO, based in Houston, is a refiner, transporter and marketer of
      transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial
      products. The company is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect wholly
      owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company
      of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. For more information
      visit www.citgo.com <http://www.citgo.com/> *

      *Beginning in 1979 with oil-trading ventures in Latin America and Africa,
      Citizens Energy has used revenues from commercial enterprises to channel
      millions of dollars into charitable programs in the U.S. and abroad.
      Whether heating the homes of the elderly and the poor, lowering the cost of
      prescription drugs for millions of Americans, or starting solar heating
      projects in Latin America, Citizens Energy creates social ventures as
      innovative as the businesses that finance them. For more information,
      visit www.citizensenergy.com <http://www.citizensenergy.com/>.*

      *YVKE Mundial / Embassy of Venezuela - Press Section February, 6 2014*