31932Help Yumi & Gen Morita Bring Seven Children from Fukushima, Japan to Hawaii ~ They Are Raising Money to Do This on Indiegogo ~ Yumi & Gen Have Helped Me with ADDICTED To WAR Big-Time Over the Years!

  • Frank Dorrel
    Dec 17, 2013

      Sent from Yumi & Gen Morita: yumianamana@... - moritagen@...

      www.indiegogo.com/projects/inviting-fukushima-children-to-a-healthy-respite-in-hawai-i/x/5625138

      Inviting Fukushima Children to a Healthy Respite in Hawaii

      Since the March 11th, 2011 earthquake & nuclear disaster, children in Fukushima can't play outside without health concern. Let's give them a healthy respite in Hawaii.

      Children in Fukushima Found Developing Thyroid Cancer after March 11, 2011 Earthquake & Nuclear Disaster.

      The highest number reported is 58 and lowest 26, which varies depending on the new source. But thyroid cancer is a very rare disease for children, normally one per million children. It is also said 1/3 of children already have thyroid cysts, a big concern for parents.

      I am a mother of 4 children, lived in Chiba, Japan until March 11, 2011 earthquake tsunami and nuclear disaster. When I saw "Station blackout at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plants" on TV that night, I made a decision to get the children as far away as possible, and went to Okinawa where we established a community effort to evacuate pregnant women and children from Fukushima to Okinawa.

      We then moved to Kona, Hawaii, where we live today, starting Fukushima Kids Hawaii, inviting the children of Fukushima to Hawaii Island to let them experience a healthy respite from radiation exposure. Health of children is very important for me. Our government instead campaigning the safety of low level radiation and even promote "Eat Fukushima food campaign", appealing its safety. Majority of produce in Fukushima contains radioactive isotopes and children should not eat radiation in my opinion, nor expose themselves to radiation. I want all kids to have a long healthy life and you can contribute to it by participating this campaign.

      7 Kids Are Coming to Hawaii This Winter

      During Christmas holidays(Dec 20 to Jan 3), we are inviting 7 school children age 10 to 17 and a chaperon from Fukushima to Kona for 2 weeks stay. The cost of the airfare per person is $1700 plus food, lodging and activities in Hawaii cost another $800, so total of $2500/person times 8=$15,000 is needed.

      We also invite mothers with babies to Fukushima Kids Hawaii House, a 3 bed room house in Kona, to experience a health respite for the babies up to 3 months with their mother (or father). The cost of keeping the house is $2000 a month, $24000 a year.

      We also invited more children as we raise enough fund during their summer vacation for 1 months, which costs another $31,000. Our annual cost of the campaign is $70,000.

      • We have raised $2000 by garage sale, silent auction, dance party and concert. So we now need $3000 by December 20, 2013 and $13000 by January 15, 2013.
      • We also need to raise another $55000 by the end of September 2014 for Fukushima Kids Hawaii House and Fukushima Kids Hawaii Summer Program.
      • Your support is very important for the health and survival of children in and around Fukushima (now that the radiation from Fukushima is spreading all over the world through air and water, the future of children in the pacific and northern hemisphere are at stake)
      • Our project will raise awareness of the radiation and health and support children's health in the world.
      • Yumi (I) and friends have succeeded to move 264 women and children from Fukushima and surrounding area after the disaster to Okinawa.
      • We invited 6 children and one chaperon this summer for one full month! They had a great time and made connections in Hawaii. They now know there are people in Hawaii and world who care. Now they know they can ask for support and speak up for their right to live a healthy life, not threatened by radiation.

      Other Ways You Can Help

      If you cannot contribute monetary, please share this link to your friends. Some of your friends may be able to contribute. We value every support!. Please do what you can! Thank you for your time and effort for reading this to the end. Your care and support is needed and appreciated. Mahalo Mahalo.

      • Please use the Indiegogo share tools!

      www.indiegogo.com/projects/inviting-fukushima-children-to-a-healthy-respite-in-hawai-i/x/5625138

      Friends,

      Yumi & Gen have helped me with ADDICTED To WAR big-time over the years! They translated ATW into Japanese and distributed thousands of copies in Japan. They loaned me $5,000 so I could print 20,000 copies back in 2002, which was the first printing that I was involved with. They put Japanese subtitles on my film: “What I’ve Learned About US Foreign Policy” and screened it at the first ever Tokyo Peace Film Festival, which they founded. They brought me to Japan and had me speaking at many venues for ten days. They have worked for peace ever since I have known them.

      Frank Dorrel