31582Indigenous Elders Council Statement on Fukushima

    Nov 6 4:24 PM

      Council Statement
      This statement reflects the wisdom of the Spiritual People of the Earth, of North and South America, working in unity to restore peace, harmony and balance for our collective future and for all living beings. This statement is written in black and white with a foreign language that is not our own and does not convey the full depth of our concerns.

      The Creator created the People of the Earth into the Land at the beginning of
      Creation and gave us a way of life. This way of life has been passed down
      generation-to-generation since the beginning. We have not honored this way of
      life through our own actions and we must live these original instructions in order
      to restore universal balance and harmony. We are a part of Creation;
      thus, if we break the Laws of Creation, we destroy ourselves.

      We, the Original Caretakers of Mother Earth, have no choice but to follow and uphold
      the Original Instructions, which sustains the continuity of Life. We recognize our
      umbilical connection to Mother Earth and understand that she is the source of life, not a
      resource to be exploited. We speak on behalf of all Creation today, to communicate an
      urgent message that man has gone too far, placing us in the state of survival. We warned that one day you would not be able to control what you have created. That day is here.  Not heeding warnings from both Nature and the People of the Earth keeps us on the path of self destruction. This self destructive path has led to the Fukushima nuclear crisis, Gulf oil spill, tar sands devastation, pipeline failures, impacts of carbon dioxide emissions and the destruction of ground water through hydraulic fracking, just to name a few. In addition, these activities and development continue to cause the deterioration and destruction of sacred places and sacred waters that are vital for Life.

      Powerful technologies are out of control and are threatening the future of all life
      The Fukushima nuclear crisis alone is a threat to the future of humanity. Yet, our concern goes far beyond this single threat. Our concern is with the cumulative and
      compounding devastation that is being wrought by the actions of human beings around
      the world. It is the combination of resource extraction, genetically modified organisms,
      moral failures, pollution, introduction of invasive species and much much more that are
      threatening the future of life on Earth. The compounding of bad decisions and their
      corresponding actions are extremely short-sighted. They do not consider the future
      generations and they do not respect or honor the Creator’s Natural Law. We strongly
      urge for the governmental authorities to respond with an open invitation to work and
      consult with us to solve the world’s problems, without war. We must stop waging war
      against Mother Earth, and ourselves.

      We acknowledge that all of these devastating actions originated in human beings who are living without regard for the Earth as the source of life. They have strayed from the
      Original Instructions by casting aside the Creator’s Natural Law. It is now critical for
      humanity to acknowledge that we have created a path to self destruction. We must restore the Original Instructions in our lives to halt this devastation.

      The sanctity of the Original Instructions has been violated. As a result, the Spiritual
      People of the Earth were called ceremonially to come together at the home of the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe Bundle. These Spiritual Leaders and those that carry great responsibility for their people from both North and South America came together with the sacred fire for four days at the end of September 2013 to fulfill their sacred
      responsibilities. During this time it was revealed that the spirit of destruction gained its’
      strength by our spiritually disconnected actions. We are all responsible in varying
      degrees for calling forth this spirit of destruction, thus we are all bound to begin
      restoring what we have damaged by helping one another recover our sacred
      responsibility to the Earth. We, the Original Caretakers of Mother Earth, offer our
      spiritual insight, wisdom and vision to the global community to help guide the actions
      needed to overcome the current threats to all life.

      We only have to look at our own bodies to recognize the sacred purpose
      of water on Mother Earth. We respect and honor our spiritual relationship
      with the lifeblood of Mother Earth. One does not sell or contaminate their
      mother’s blood. These capitalistic actions must stop and we must recover
      our sacred relationship with the Spirit of Water

      The People of the Earth understand that the Fukushima nuclear crisis continues to
      threaten the future of all life. We understand the full implications of this crisis even with
      the suppression of information and the filtering of truth by the corporate owned media
      and Nation States. We strongly urge the media, corporations and Nation States to
      acknowledge and convey the true facts that threaten us, so that the international
      community may work together to resolve this crisis, based on the foundation of Truth.

      We urge the international community, government of Japan and TEPCO to unify efforts
      to stabilize and re-mediate the nuclear threat posed at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear
      power plant. To ensure that the Japanese government and TEPCO are supported with
      qualified personnel and information, we urge the inclusion of today’s nuclear experts
      from around the world to collaborate, advise and provide technical assistance to prevent
      further radioactive contamination or worse, a nuclear explosion that may have
      apocalyptic consequences.

      The foundation for peace will be strengthened by restoring the Original Instructions in ourselves Prophecies have been shared and sacred instructions were given. We, the People of the Earth, were instructed that the original wisdom must be shared again when imbalance and disharmony are upon Mother Earth. In 1994 the sacred white buffalo, the giver of the sacred pipe, returned to the Lakota, Dakota and Nakota people bringing forth the sacred message that the winds of change are here. Since that time many more messengers in the form of white animals have come, telling us to wake up my children. It is time. So listen for the sacred instruction.

      All Life is sacred. We come into Life as sacred beings. When we abuse the
      sacredness of Life we affect all Creation

      We urge all Nations and human beings around the world to work with us, the Original
      Caretakers of Mother Earth, to restore the Original Instructions and uphold the
      Creator’s Natural Law as a foundation for all decision making, from this point forward.
      Our collective future as human beings is in our hands, we must address the Fukushima
      nuclear crisis and all actions that may violate the Creator’s Natural Law. We have
      reached the crossroads of life and the end of our existence. We will avert this potentially catastrophic nuclear disaster by coming together with good minds and prayer as a global community of all faiths.

      We are the People of the Earth united under the Creator’s Law with a sacred covenant to protect and a responsibility to extend Life for all future generations. We are expressing deep concern for our shared future and urge everyone to awaken spiritually. We must work in unity to help Mother Earth heal so that she can bring back balance and harmony for all her children.

      Representatives of the Council
      Chief Arvol Looking Horse
      19th Generation Keeper of the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe
      Spiritual Leader
      The Great Sioux Nation
      Bobby C. Billie
      Clan Leader and Spiritual Leader
      Council of the Original Miccosukee
      Simanolee Nation Aboriginal Peoples
      Faith Spotted Eagle, Tunkan Inajin Win
      Brave Heart Society Grandmother/Headswoman & Ihanktonwan Treaty Council
      Ihanktonwan Dakota from the Oceti Sakowin
      7 Council Fires