28844The Justice in Christopher Dorner's Rebellion

  • Joaquin Cienfuegos
    Feb 21, 2013
      The Justice in Christopher Dorner's Rebellion

      -Joaquin Cienfuegos

      Rebellions aren't pretty, clean, or politically correct.  Rebellion is
      like an uncontrollable fire, catching anyone in the slave master's
      house, or anyone in a occupying army uniform.  When Nat Turner led slave
      rebellions they did not make distinctions between the white person who
      had the whip, the plantation owner, or their wives and children.  When
      Natives led offensives against white settlers they did not make
      distinctions, just like the settlers, slave owners and white people in
      general didn't show any mercy to THEM in the first place. This is the
      nature of a rebellion.

      People rebel when they are beat down to a point when they can't take it
      anymore and oppressed systematically, erupting in a struggle, many times
      violent against those people who subjugate them. Some call this "false
      consciousness," but I see it as more than that, the spontaneity and
      righteousness in the people fighting back is caused by the fundamental
      contradictions of this society.  The people will always fight back once
      they are brought to the point that their means of survival are dependent
      in this fight, this is human nature.

      We are seeing a lot more people starting to wake up to the fact that
      there is no future for us under this system, especially if you're a
      person of color, a woman, poor or any other oppressed person.
      Christopher Dorner, is a recent example of this person who saw no hope
      and justice in the system, who exhausted all channels, and resorted to
      his military training to take justice in his own hands.  This is
      something that was admirable for many oppressed people, and many of us
      cheered that aspect of this individual, and hoped he would evade

      Dorner wrote a Manifesto, clearly stating his targets, and that he was
      openly declaring war on the police.  He even engaged with cops out on
      patrol, and people focus on the fact that in his pursuit of justice, a
      cop's family member and her fiance were killed by him, Michelle Quan.
      One has to understand that, looking at rebellions like that of Nat
      Turner, when the slave master's house burnt down, it included "innocent"
      women and children, when Natives attacked settlers, they did to them
      what was done to their families.  The media of course mourned for the
      white cops that were killed, but what about the innocent people that
      were shot and killed by the police while they were shook and on alert,
      looking for Dorner.  Innocent women, children, and people, were shot by
      the police, just like they have done in the past in Los Angeles, and
      Southern California, without remorse.  This is something Dorner hoped to
      expose and wanted to bring to light.  Dorner is a clear example that if
      you are an individual who hopes to join the police department to help
      your community, you will soon find out that the role of the police is
      not to protect and serve, and the institution in it of itself is racist
      and white-supremacist.

      Writing this piece is not to put him up on a pedestal or worship him as a
      hero, but point out the fact that here is an individual, who took
      action, and look at the success he had, whether he hoped to live or not,
      that is another topic.  He even waged psychological warfare against law
      enforcement, and it worked, they were afraid.  It showed that the
      police do not have the type of training to take on, just one person who
      is determined, and who is skilled. Imagine if they were facing an entire
      movement.  I think that if Christopher Dorner was prepared to take the
      fight to the next level, he would have many ready to join up with him.
      He could have easily taken the police into the Big Bear Mountains as
      well and put them at a tactical disadvantage, because they do not have
      that training.  Unfortunately he was snitched on and gunned and burnt to
      death in a cabin.

      For many oppressed people, he could have been an example, but we can't
      rely on one person to save us.  We have to take destiny into our own
      hands and be our own liberators.  We have to begin taking the fight to
      them, and if really want to see an end to police terrorism, state
      violence, and the system overall, we have to take what we do serious.
      I'll leave it at that.  Christopher Dorner called out names of cops who
      are known brutal pigs, and who get promotions for being that.  We can
      always start with them, and continue to build this movement for autonomy
      and self-defense of communities, and continue to decolonize the land.