[LAR] Re: Upcoming Events on the River

  • DorGreen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 1999
      There is also an add on workshop to the California Water Policy Conference on
      watershed management and its future in California. The conference is
      scheduled for October 14 and 15 at the Biltmore Hotel downtown. On Friday
      the 15th, from 2:30 to 5:00 PM will be the watershed special. Agenda: Folks
      will explore the content of the two bond acts on the ballot as they apply to
      watershed management, Calfed's approach and the legislation now active in
      Sacramento that will also impact how we manage our watersheds. We will then
      break into workgroups to try to determine just what kind of watershed
      legislation is in our collective interests, and report back.

      Watershed Management is now being defined for the first time, as something
      more than concerned with water quality. It is important that people who are
      interested get involved in helping to write the definition. For more info,
      call or email Dorothy Green, Conference Chair, 213-367-4111 or
      DorGreen@....

      Thanks.