Great Los Angeles River CleanUp, THIS SATURDAY!
- THE GREAT LOS ANGELES RIVER CLEAN UP IS HERE!Saturday, May 18 from 9 AM to NoonSITE UPDATESThe Bette Davis Picnic Area site is CLOSED; over 500 volunteers have registered at this site!WE NEED:
- Volunteers to clean at Compton Creek, Willow Street Estuary and the Arroyo Seco (contact Arroyo Seco Foundation, 323 405-7326 for details) sites
- Photographer at Arroyo Seco and Willow Street Estuary
Call the FoLAR Office, 323 223-0585 for DetailsSee YOU There!PREPARING FOR THE BIG EVENTWHAT TO WEAR:
- Nurses (with your own insurance) for first aid at several sites
WHAT FOLAR PROVIDES:
- Comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting dirty
- Closed-toed shoes with a good tread,
- Pants so you don't get scratched in the brush and
- A Hat to shade yourself from the sun.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Cloth gloves,
- Trash bags,
- Fresh fruit and KIND Healthy snack bars,
- Ice-water in dispensible coolers, and
- Music, Raffle Prizes, T-shirts and Reusable Bags.
- Download and bring FoLAR's signed waiver PLUS the County's Waiver at Haines Canyon, Compton Creek and Willow Street Estuary for quick check-in.
- Carry your favorite reusable water bottle,
- Wear and bring plenty of sunscreen
- and if you have them Grabber arms, for that hard-to-reach trash and Rubber boots