FREE Teacher Training Plus L.A. River Field Trip Transportation!

  • Shelly Backlar
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2013
      4 - 6 GRADE TEACHERS
      We invite YOU to Participate in FoLAR's
      Source 2 Sea Watershed Education Program

      Friends of the Los Angeles River invite 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers and their students to take part in our Source 2 Sea Watershed Education Program.  Join us on March 16, 2013 from 8:30 to 3:30 for a Project WET Teacher Training Workshop.

      After the training session a FoLAR Educator will come to your classroom and teach your students about the Los Angeles River and its watershed.  The unit culminates with a field trip to the Los Angeles River -- we provide the buses to get you there.

      All aspects of the program are FREE OF CHARGE, thanks go our generous funders below.

      There are Three Easy Steps to Participate:
      Step 1
      Project WET Teacher Training Workshop

      Project WET is an award winning, multi-disciplinary environmental education program for teachers, natural resource professionals, parents and community leaders working with youth from Pre K - 8th Grades.  The curriculum incorporates hands-on activities Correlated to CA Science Standards in science, history & language arts!

      To participate in the Source 2 Sea Program attendance at this workshop is mandatory. You will receive 500+ page Project WET activity guide & Professional Certification!  (CEU Credits also available. Please call for details.)

      Saturday, March 16, 2013 (8:30am-3:00pm)
      L.A. River Center and Gardens, Los Feliz Room
      570 W. Avenue 26, Los Angeles, CA  90065

      Action packed experiential workshop + Breakfast & Lunch + FREE prizes!

      Limited to 30 participants. Pre-registration is required.
      Registration deadline is March 13, 2013.

      To reserve your spot, download and send the flyer
      with a $15 check* (payable to FoLAR):
      Shelly Backlar, 570 W. Avenue 26, #250, Los Angeles, CA  90065 * 323 223-0585

      Step 2
      Schedule an In-Class Lesson
      A FoLAR Educator visits your school to conduct an in-class lesson. We focus on the science and history of the Los Angeles River and bring a watershed model to explain the connections between storm drains, the River and the ocean.

      Step 3
      Schedule your Field Trip
      Students participate in hands-on, experiential science activities at the Los Angeles River. This may include macro-invertebrate studies, water quality monitoring, and other watershed-focused games and activities.

      We Thank Our Source 2 Sea Funders

      Address postal inquiries to:
      Friends of the Los Angeles River
      570 W. Ave 26, Ste. 250