FW: LA-RIO and MND Update

  • Joseph Linton
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2008
      From the City Planning Department:

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Deborah Kahen
      Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 5:41 PM
      Subject: LA-RIO and MND Update

      To Parties Interested in the LA-RIO:

      Thank you for your involvement with the development of the Los Angeles
      River Improvement Overlay (LA-RIO) District. The document has undergone
      several changes following input from the summer workshops as well as
      comments submitted since then.

      We invite you to view and comment on the latest draft. The draft, as
      well as the accompanying Mitigated Negative Declaration, is available
      online at http://cityplanning.lacity.org/. First click "Plans &
      Ordinances", then "Proposed Plans", and then the specific document
      you wish to view.

      Similar to the original document, the LA-RIO is organized around a
      point system for private property and publicly owned facilities as well
      as guidelines for public rights of way improvements. The point system
      is now referred to as the Property Improvement Guidelines, and the
      guidelines for public rights of way improvements has evolved into two
      components: The Complete Green Street Standards and the Complete Green
      Street Guidelines. This change grew out of public and City interest to
      strengthen pedestrian and bicycle connectivity as envisioned in the Los
      Angeles River Revitalization Master Plan.

      The Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND) was officially published on
      Thursday, April 3rd, and is out for a 30 day comment period. We
      encourage you to look at the MND and LA-RIO during this period and send
      us your comments. Following the public comment period, there will be
      two public hearings in June: one held in the Valley and one Downtown.
      Subsequent to these hearings, the LA-RIO will be acted upon by the City
      Planning Commission and then forwarded to the City Council for
      adoption.

      We welcome and look forward to your comments
      Claire Bowin Claire.Bowin@... (213) 473-9987
      Deborah Kahen Deborah.Kahen@... (213) 978-1395