Los Angeles River Film

  • sarahlorenzen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hello,

      We recently created a 27-minute documentary film about the Los Angeles
      River. This film weaves together citizens' voices, river imagery,
      historical documents, and visuals from the city's proposed Master
      Plan. Our goal is to explain how current and past efforts have shaped
      the debate about what the river and its adjacent areas should look
      like. The film is also meant to motivate people, who may not currently
      be engaged, to participate in these discussions. The film was funded
      through a grant from the Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the
      Fine Arts.

      We have created a website with information about the film that
      includes a compressed version of the entire 27-minute film. The site
      address is: http://www.plasmatic-concepts.com/lariver/default.html

      Plasmatic Concepts is a multi-disciplinary design firm located in Los
      Angeles, pursuing projects in urban research, environments and
      multimedia design.

      For comments, questions or screening information please contact:

      Sarah Lorenzen, Principal
      Plasmatic Concepts
      www.plasmatic-concepts.com
      6916 Camrose Drive