FoLAR is hiring! - River School Coordinator
- PLEASE FORWARD TO INTERESTED PERSONS!
Friends of the Los Angeles River seeks a River School Coordinator. Full
time, salary range is $16 to $21 per hour, plus benefits. River School is a
comprehensive educational program with a standards-based curriculum
integrating classroom activities with field-trip learning opportunities.
River School introduces students and educators throughout the Los Angeles
and San Gabriel River watersheds to the Los Angeles River's many facets
including science, culture and history.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the River School
• Works directly with the Education Committee to establish program
• Initiates and develops relationships with teachers throughout Los
Angeles County to promote the River School program.
• Trains teachers to use the River School Curriculum Guide
• Conducts in-class lessons and presentations to students of all ages
• Coordinates and facilitates River field trips
• Organizes multi-school River School Day events
• Develops and produces educational materials
• Works with a network of middle and high school teachers who are
conducting scientific research projects on the River
• Maintains a web-based database by which data collected by students
can be shared and analyzed
• Monitors program budget performance
• Researches and writes grants to ensure continued funding for the
River School program
Applicants should have experience in education (preferably environmental
education, outdoor education or similar) working with K-12 students. All
applicants should be comfortable giving presentations and tours for youth,
have good writing skills and be computer proficient (email, internet, word
Additional skills/experience preferred (but not required):
• Curriculum development
• Project management
• Scientific instruction and/or work experience
• Event and volunteer coordination
• Familiarity with L.A. River issues and neighborhoods
• Bilingual (especially Spanish)
Applications are now being accepted. Materials must be received by no later
than 5pm Wednesday November 15th. Please submit a cover letter, resume and
writing sample to:
Friends of the Los Angeles River
570 W. Avenue 26, #250
Los Angeles, CA 90065
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.409 / Virus Database: 268.13.22/512 - Release Date: 11/1/2006