River Radio!

  • folar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
      River folks & folkettes -

      The LA River will be featured on a couple of KPCC radio shows this week:
      (listen at 89.3FM or at www.kpcc.org )

      On Monday April 3rd from 2-3pm, KPCC's Talk of the City will feature a live
      panel including FoLAR boardmember Alex Ward, LA City Councilmember Ed Reyes,
      the city's river plan manager Ira Artz (of Tetra Tech), and Melanie Winter
      of The River Project. It's a general discussion of the current LA River
      Revitalization Master Plan effort, what the vision is and how it will get
      implemented.

      KPCC's environmental reporter Ilsa Setziol has done a five-piece series on
      the LA River that will air each day Monday through Friday sometime during
      Morning Edition (7-9am) and All Things Considered (4-6:30pm). All five
      parts air twice each day. You can find these pieces at www.kpcc.org under
      "news".

      Joe Linton
      Outreach Director
      Friends of the Los Angeles River
      570 West Avenue 26 suite 250
      Los Angeles, CA 90065
      323.223.0585
      323.223.2289 fax
      mail@...

    • Nancy Spiller
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
        Joe--That would be good info if you are in touch with KPCC people and
        they are going to have these stories and the panel available online
        in an archive form, something people can access to listen to after
        the fact. Then we can post it in the newsletter and anyone who misses
        today can listen way down the line. Best--N
        On Apr 1, 2006, at 11:59 AM, folar wrote:

        > River folks & folkettes -
        >
        > The LA River will be featured on a couple of KPCC radio shows this
        > week:
        > (listen at 89.3FM or at www.kpcc.org )
        >
        > On Monday April 3rd from 2-3pm, KPCC's Talk of the City will
        > feature a live
        > panel including FoLAR boardmember Alex Ward, LA City Councilmember
        > Ed Reyes,
        > the city's river plan manager Ira Artz (of Tetra Tech), and Melanie
        > Winter
        > of The River Project. It's a general discussion of the current LA
        > River
        > Revitalization Master Plan effort, what the vision is and how it
        > will get
        > implemented.
        >
        > KPCC's environmental reporter Ilsa Setziol has done a five-piece
        > series on
        > the LA River that will air each day Monday through Friday sometime
        > during
        > Morning Edition (7-9am) and All Things Considered (4-6:30pm). All
        > five
        > parts air twice each day. You can find these pieces at
        > www.kpcc.org under
        > "news".
        >
        > Joe Linton
        > Outreach Director
        > Friends of the Los Angeles River
        > 570 West Avenue 26 suite 250
        > Los Angeles, CA 90065
        > 323.223.0585
        > 323.223.2289 fax
        > mail@...
        >

        > --
        > 3/31/2006
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2007
          With the release of the LA River Revitalization Master Plan, FoLAR staff are
          speaking on TV and radio!

          Today's KPCC Air Talk - featured FoLAR ED Shelly Backlar
          Listen online at http://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk/index.shtml

          Tomorrow KPFK (90.7FM) radio will feature me - approximately 8:20am
          Wednesday KPFK (90.7FM) radio will feature Shelly - between 7am and 8am

          Tune in!

          t: 323.223.0585   f: 323.223.2289 jlinton@...