River Walk

  • Folar
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12 11:17 AM
      Hello River Walk Enthusiasts,

      I am happy to announce that Friends of the Los Angeles River's
      (FoLAR) monthly "Down By The River Walks" resume this Sunday,
      February 15, at 3:30 PM where we will stroll in the Sepulveda Basin
      Wildlife Area.

      The Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Area supports a diverse population of
      local and migrating birds. We're sure to see plenty of cormorants,
      egrets, herons and more. Bring binoculars. For more information on
      the wildlife area visit:

      http://www.laparks.org/dos/horticulture/sepulvedabasin.htm

      "Down By The River" are free to FoLAR members, are non-strenuous,
      last approximately 90 minutes, and are open to all ages. No dogs are
      allowed in the Sepulveda Basin Wildlife Area.

      I will be leading Sunday's walk and look forward to seeing you
      there. Please phone the office if you have any questions about the
      walk or your membership status, (323) 223-0585, or send e-mail,
      sbacklar@.... We love hearing from you!

      Shelly Backlar
      Managing Director

      P.S. Look for a complete listing of this year's walks by the end of
      the week!

      Thank you to Joe Linton for these excellent directions:

      (Thomas Guide page 561 G-1)

      Driving:
      From the 101 freeway WEST. Exit at Sepulveda Blvd (just east of the
      405 Freeway). Go north (right) on Sepulveda. Turn left on Burbank
      Blvd. Turn right on Woodley Avenue. In about half a mile there is an
      access road on the right - I think there is a sign (for both Tillman
      Reclamation Plant and the Wildlife Area) but it's the only access
      road going east from Woodley between Burbank and Victory. Go all the
      way to the end of the access road and park in the lot at the end of
      the road.

      From the 101 freeway EAST - go to the 405 north and exit at Burbank
      Blvd and follow instructions directly below. From the 405. Exit
      Burbank Blvd - go west. Turn right on Woodley Avenue. In about half
      a mile there is an access road on the right - I think there is a
      sign (for both Tillman Reclamation Plant and the Wildlife Area) but
      it's the only access road going east from Woodley between Burbank
      and Victory. Go all the way to the end of the access road and park
      in the lot at the end of the road.

      Bicycle: It's an easy bike ride from the North Hollywood Red Line
      Station - just go north a block to Burbank, then west to the basin -
      then follow above instructions.

      Thea Wang
      Office Manager
      Friends of the Los Angeles River