Mystery Bird

  • Joseph Linton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      River Folks -

      My co-worker reported seeing a very large bird at the LA River over the weekend. It was at Egret Mini-Park in Elysian Valley. It was apparently approximately 5-feet tall, larger than a great blue heron. Colored black and white. It touched down in Egret Mini-Park and it was so big and imposing that people who were sitting in the park fled...

      Has anyone else seen this bird? What is it? Did it escape from the LA Zoo?

      Joe Linton
      Council Deputy, Councilmember Ed Reyes
      Ad Hoc LA City Council LA River Committee
      Room 410, City Hall, 200 N. Spring St
      Los Angeles, CA 90012
      t 213.473.2723
      f 213.473.8551