Kick-Off Meeting of new LA City LA River Committee

  • Joe Linton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2002
      River Friends ---

      Next Monday, October 7th, will be the first meeting of the Los Angeles City
      Council Ad Hoc Committee on the LA River. The committee consists of 5 city
      councilmembers - Reyes, Garcetti, Greuel, LaBonge and Perry - who have
      joined together to focus LA City resources on revitalizing our river.

      The committee meeting is open to the public - and I want to encourage folks
      to attend. It's important that the councilmembers (and the press) see that
      there is broad public support for river revitalization - and good for
      advocates to see that there now is a great deal of political support for
      moving forward to improve our river.

      The event takes place on the North Broadway Bridge in Lincoln Heights (near
      Chinatown - just north of Downtown LA). The bridge will be closed to
      through traffic - with parking available along the southern Elysian Park
      end of the bridge or at Young Nak Church at the north end (if it rains, the
      event will take place at Young Nak Church). There will be a reception
      beginning at 9am, and committee meeting at 10am - with Spanish and Chinese
      translation available. The committee will be taking public comment -
      encouraging the public to speak on what shape you would like to see river
      revitalization take.

      For more information on this event, call 213.473.8230.

      Joe