River Bikeway Advocates Meeting: Thursday June 13th 7pm FoLAR Office

  • Joe Linton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2002
      River & Bike Advocates ---

      We're planning to have a meeting of LA River Bikeway advocates to look at
      the current status of bikeway projects on the River and to formulate
      campaigns to ensure that these projects continue to move forward to
      completion. The meeting will be held at 7pm Thursday June 13th at the
      Friends of the LA River office at the LA River Center - 570 West Avenue 26
      in Los Angeles (Cypress Park). All are invited and welcome to attend,
      though the focus will be on how individuals and organizations can get
      involved in pushing for extending the bikeway - and to make sure our
      efforts are somewhat coordinated. This ad hoc committee has met off and on
      for a few years, and has been a collaborative effort of FoLAR, LACBC, NE
      Trees, and others.

      We will briefly status the various planned/funded LA River Bikeway
      projects - including (downstream to upstream): Long Beach Downtown
      Connector, Compton Creek, Maywood-Vernon-Downtown Gap Closure, Cornfields,
      LA Downtown Connection, Arroyo Seco, Elysian Valley, Taylor Yards, Fletcher
      Drive Bike Lanes, North Griffith Park-Burbank Extension, and Studio
      City. (Did I miss any??) Then we will look at campaign steps for
      following up for keeping priority projects on-track.

      If you are interested in the River Bikeway, please plan to attend! If you
      have questions, please call or email me.

      Joe Linton
      213.380.3754