san grabriel and los angeles conservany

  • Justine Hearn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2001
      Hello all,

      I have some questions regarding FoLAR's and their supporters feelings about the relatively recent creation of the San Gabriel and Lower Los Angeles Rivers and Mountains Conservancy.  I am writing a paper about it so any input would help, as so far my research is lacking some of the more political issues about the Conservancy.

      Has the Conservancy thus far done what it was originally established to do?

      Is the Conservancy -- as it was created -- the best form of protecting the river, or has it compromised anything important to the river's survival?

      Can you tell me anything about the controversy surrounding the issue of local control over the Conservancy?

      Thank you all for your time -- I appreciate whatever information you have to offer.

      Justine Hearn
      UCLA