Starting an A capella group in Pasadena!! Need tenors, altos, sopranos, baritone

  • ctj22001
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2013
      Basically, the group consists of me right now, I'm bass baritone and I'm just looking for whoever is interested in joining. In terms of size and voice parts, I was considering around 5-6. much like pentatonix, you have your bass, beat boxer, two tenors, and your lead soprano. Or, we could do, bass, beat boxer, maybe two tenors, alto, and soprano, that's another possibility. With group size, I'd want it to be balanced with and girls. but it just all depends. With regards to style, I'm pretty open with that, I've grown up listening to just about everything, I enjoy r&b, pop, classical, country, rock, folk, singer/songwriter, so I'm very flexible with that. This idea basically stemmed from me attending the LA A capella festival, where i was inspired to start my own group. This is something I've never done before, but I know that I love singing, love being on stage. I've grown up singing before I even knew how to talk. I graduated from cal state fullerton with a ba in music, been trained in classical for over ten years.

      I got interested in acapella after I joined some choirs at fullerton like jazz choir, men's chorus, we'd have some songs done in the acapella style, and I just found that I love those small ensemble type groups, where you could really hear the harmonies and how the voice blend with one another, I loved it. Then, when I worked with the Charles Dickens Carolers, I knew that I wanted to keep doing this, singing in small groups, with one or two people to a parts, singing in harmony, merging different styles together to make something great! After what I saw and heard at the acapella festival, I was committed to starting my own group and make this happen. I started posting on fb and received responses from a two guys, a tenor and another guy, who'd be another possible tenor or baritone. I plan to meet with them very soon and see if something can be worked out.

      That is where I stand, I hope what I've said makes sense and that I've said enough to fully explain me asking for people to join my group and help make this work. If there is anything that you'd like to know, pleas email me, thank you!!

      My contact info is:
      Email: ctjmusic85@...
      Looking for tenors, altos, sopranos, baritones