Guys wanted for Voxel Rox - Venice-based CASA league group

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      Guys (Tenor/Bari/Bass) sought for Voxel Rox, a mixed Los Angeles CASA league a cappella group with arrangements from old-school funk to modern alt-rock. We want more guys to balance with the power of our talented gals.

      Are you a singer who likes to ...

      * rock out a lead in classic or soul style
      * dance while making percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads? Last Fall, we put together a Depeche Mode medley, Hey Pocky Way (The Meters/Neville Bros.), and performed these and others at a local Venice venue. In January we performed Its Your Thing (Isley Bros.) and Sing For Your Life(original) at the LA Acappella Festival. On May 1, we put together an a cappella night in Venice with guest group Traffic Jam. We ended with a raucous improv/jam. Incorporating this spirit, we plan on recording our originals over the next half year. So now is a good time to take a step with us.

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you to join this a cappella band. We want talented, rhythm-savvy singers to help us lay down a groove, jam-comfortable singers as guitars or r&b leads, and bright sounding voices at the top of the horn section, or searing that synth line.

      The Contemporary A Cappella League ( http://www.casa.org/league ) offers a community of support. Our first gathering in Memphis summer 2008 headlined Take 6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com <http://vocalsymplosium.com/> ) In late March 2011, we had VoCALnation ( http://www.vocal-nation.com ) in New York.

      Please visit http://www.voxelrox.com/faq for more about the group.

      For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a reply. If you don't get a reply back, check your email filters or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609.

      Thanks,

      Bart

    • Barton Gawboy
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 2011
        Guys (Tenor/Bari/Bass) sought for Voxel Rox, a mixed Los Angeles CASA league a cappella group with arrangements from old-school funk to modern alt-rock. We want more guys to balance with the power of our talented gals, and only a few spots remain.

        Are you a singer who likes to ...

        * rock out a lead in classic or soul style
        * dance while making percussive noises in a groove,
        * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
        * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
        * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

        Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads? Last Fall, we put together a Depeche Mode medley, Hey Pocky Way (The Meters/Neville Bros.), and performed these and others at a local Venice venue. In January we performed Its Your Thing (Isley Bros.) and Sing For Your Life(original) at the LA Acappella Festival. On May 1, we put together an a cappella night in Venice with guest group Traffic Jam. We ended with a raucous improv/jam. Incorporating this spirit, we plan on recording our originals over the next half year. We plan on making an impact with our originals. So now is a good time to take a step with us.