Los Angeles based vocal group is looking for an Alto!

  • Nate George
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2011
      Los Angeles based vocal group, Red Harmony, is looking for a talented, fun and hard working female alto to join our six person mixed jazz/pop a cappella vocal group. One of our singers will be moving in the coming months and we want to find someone, that can fill her shoes when she leaves.

      We ask that applicants possess the following qualities:
      * Experience singing solos in many different styles of music (most importantly, pop and jazz).
      * Experience singing complex vocal harmonies, one on a part.
      * Ability to read music (sight reading skills are preferred but not required as long as you can learn music fast).
      * Hit a low 'E' (below middle 'C') or lower!!!
      * College-level (or equivalent) musical training.
      * A flexible schedule for rehearsals and performances.

      Also, while not required, if you have experience performing vocal percussion, as well as experience arranging or composing, that's a HUGE plus ;-)

      If you are interested in auditioning, please send an email, including a head shot, detailing your qualifications, background, and any links to clips or other relevant online content about you to Nate George at jazzsinger1482@.... The audio and/or video clips you send us are crucial, as we will be reviewing those to choose who we bring in to auditions on July 6, 2011, so get in touch with us right away!!!

      www.redharmony.org

      Check out our youtube page at http://www.redharmony.org/youtube for a closer look at what we do in our performances.