Audacity Is Searching For A Bass

  • Audacity A Cappella
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2011
      Are you a "true bass," who makes the ground rumble when you sing? Do have experience singing in a collegiate, pro or semi-pro a cappella group? Are you a classically trained singer? Are you a ham who loves to perform?

      If this sounds like you, AUDACITY is looking for you!

      Audacity's members have (variously) performed in feature films and short films; soloed at Harmony Sweepstakes regional competitions across the US; are prolific songwriters, vocal percussion addicts (one of us is even a "real" drum whiz) and improv comedy veterans; have performed live on the radio; toured across California; have shared the stage with at least one member of the Steve Miller Band; and played audiences of thousands.

      We are hoping to be more than JAAG (Just Another A Cappella Group). Our ambitions include more TV, radio and film appearances, competitions, writing and arranging original music, playing summer concert series and other outdoor events, and just plain having a great time.

      We're holding auditions this month by invitation only. If you would like to be considered for an audition slot, please send us the following information:

      - Your age
      - Your vocal part and range
      - Whether or not you have previous a cappella experience (and if so, details, please)
      - Whether you have other singing or performance experience (details, please)
      - Whether you make your living as a singer or performer
      - Whether you have any scheduling or geographic constraints (we rehearse on the Westside on Sundays); and
      - Your contact information.
      - Headshot and resume, or just a digital snapshot/ list of your prior experience, if that's all you have.

      We look forward to hearing from you!

      Audacity (audacityLA@...)