Guys wanted for Voxel Rox - Venice-based league group

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2011
      Guys (Tenor/Bari/Bass) sought for Voxel Rox, a mixed Los Angeles CASA league a cappella group with arrangements from
      old-school funk to modern alt-rock. We need to add guys to balance with the power of our talented gals.

      Are you a singer who likes to ...

      * rock out in classic or soul style
      * dance while making percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads? Last Fall, we put together a Depeche Mode medley,
      Hey Pocky Way (The Meters/Neville Bros.), and performed these and others at a local Venice venue. In January we
      performed Its Your Thing (Isley Bros.) and Sing For Your Life(original) at the LA Acappella Festival. On May 1, we put
      together an a cappella night in Venice with guest group Traffic Jam. We ended with a raucous improv/jam.

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you to join this a cappella band. We want talented, rhythmic singers to help us lay down a
      groove, jam-comfortable singers as guitars or r&b leads, and bright sounding voices at the top of the horn section, or
      searing that synth line.

      The Contemporary A Cappella League ( http://www.casa.org/league ) offers a community of support. Our first gathering in
      Memphis summer 2008 headlined Take 6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com <http://vocalsymplosium.com/> ) And in 2009 and 2010,
      we joined up with SoJam in North Carolina. In late March 2011, we had VoCALnation ( http://www.vocal-nation.com ) in New
      York.

      Please visit http://www.voxelrox.com/faq for more about the group.

      For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a reply. If you don't get a reply back, check your email
      filters or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609.

      Thanks,

      Bart