Tenors wanted for Voxel Rox - Venice-based league group

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2011
      Tenors sought for Voxel Rox, a Los Angeles CASA league a cappella band with arrangements from old-school funk to modern
      alt-rock.

      Are you a singer who likes to ...

      * rock out in classic or soul style
      * dance while making percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads? Last Fall, we put together a Depeche Mode medley,
      Hey Pocky Way (The Meters/Neville Bros.), and performed these and others at a local Venice venue. In January we
      performed Its Your Thing (Isley Bros.) and Sing For Your Life(original) at the LA Acappella Festival.

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you to join this a cappella band. We want talented, rhythmic singers to help us lay down a
      groove, jam-comfortable singers as guitars or r&b leads, and bright sounding voices at the top of the horn section, or
      searing that synth line.

      The Contemporary A Cappella League ( http://www.casa.org/league ) offers a community of support. Our first gathering in
      Memphis summer 2008 headlined Take 6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com <http://vocalsymplosium.com/> ) And in 2009 and 2010,
      we joined up with SoJam in North Carolina. In late March 2011, we have VoCALnation ( http://www.vocal-nation.com ) in
      New York.

      Please visit http://www.voxelrox.com/faq for more about the group.

      For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a reply. If you don't get a reply back, check your email
      filters or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609.

      Thanks,

      Bart