Down 4 The Count seeks new BariTenor/VP!

  • Colleen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2010
      Well, if you've seen any of the posts on this group for the past six months, you've noticed that LA is hurting for male singers! So I will say upfront that D4TC does not mind sharing! :D In that vein, FYI, we do not have a regular rehearsal schedule, as these are scheduled around the availability of the entire qunitet.

      We are looking for a professional singer capable of learning most music on his own, given the sheet music and example recordings. We also need someone who can do vocal percussion - it is most desirable to find these things in the same person! :)

      Some stuff about us: Although Down 4 The Count is best labeled as an a cappella vocal jazz ensemble, we are not strictly a cappella and not strictly jazz either, (we have some pop, folk, and rock, etc) although jazz is what best categorizes us. We strive to perform only charts arranged by D4TC members, so arranging or composition skills are a plus!

      As we have recently changed a few members, the website is not completely up to date. We are waiting to find our last new member to update the website, but the current ensemble members are:

      --Penny Watson (bio is on the site)
      --ME (http://www.colleenkeene.net/)
      --Christine Tavarez (formerly Christine Enns), former member for VOCO (Harmony Sweepstakes national champions in 2007)
      --Vincent Johnson (current and continuing member of the Four Freshmen)

      A brief resume for your perusal:
      --2nd place at Los Angeles Regional Harmony Sweepstakes, twice
      --Winner "Best Arrangement" at LA Regional Sweepstakes, twice
      --D4TC has performed at Steamers in Fullerton, The Jazz Bakery, The Coachhouse in San Juan Capistrano, The Coffee Gallery Backstage, and many others.
      --D4TC has opened for Sixthwave and Rockapella
      --D4TC released a CD in 2008, and plan to record another in 2011

      We have heard many very good singers in the past few months, but we are waiting for the ONE. Are you he?

      --Colleen Keene
      Down 4 The Count
      http://www.down4thecount.com