Singers/Vocal Percussionists wanted for Voxel Rox

  • Barton Gawboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2010
      VPs, and all voice parts sought for Voxel Rox, a Los Angeles CASA league a cappella band with arrangements from old-school funk to modern alt-rock.

      Are you a singer who likes to ...

      * dance while making percussive noises in a groove,
      * scream like a trumpet, or guitar,
      * vocally jam like an instrumental solo,
      * work together to make a sound bigger than a sum of individuals?

      Do you like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Talking Heads? Lately, we put together a Depeche Mode medley, Hey Pocky Way (The Meters/Neville Bros.), and performed these and others at a local Venice venue. Last January we performed WatchaSay/Hide&Seek and Superwoman at the LA Acappella Festival, and plan on singing again this January.

      Do you like making social statements? (After all, we are based in Venice! Though, we have members from all over greater LA.)

      Then, we are looking for you to join this a cappella band. We want talented VP/beatboxing and rhythmic singers to help us lay down a groove, baris/tenors/altos as guitars or r&b leads, and high sopranos at the top of the horn section, or searing that synth line.

      The Contemporary A Cappella League ( http://www.casa.org/league ) offers a community of support. Our first gathering in Memphis summer 2008 headlined Take 6. ( http://vocalsymplosium.com ) And in 2009, we joined up with SoJam in North Carolina, and will again in 2010.

      Please visit http://www.voxelrox.com/faq for more about the group.

      For more information, or to arrange an audition, please email a reply. If you don't get a reply back, check your email filters or give Bart a call at 310-717-1609.

      Thanks,

      Bart